Need to lower my Fps. Need advice

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Frankiiie, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    I'm shooting 430fps with .2g with my current M4 rifle, I need to get it to atleast in the 390's and not over 400. Can anyone give me advice on how to lower? I could get a weaker spring but I'm not sure if that's the easiest inexpensive way.
    Heres a link to my gun, I don't know what kind of spring it has. If anyone knows? It would be helpful :) Any advice?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6939

2. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Decompress the spring.
    Pull the trigger half way so it doesnt actually
    Shoot. Leave it over night.
    I did this to a JG M4 and it was brought down 30Fps.

3. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Put the gun on semi and do a quick trigger pull to get the spring locked back and leave it that way overnight or longer. As simple as it gets without purchasing a new spring.

4. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    You mean 300FPS? I mean I don't want to over decompress it and it be super low.

5. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    30FPS was subtracted...
    It was 370 and was brought down to 330ish...

6. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    No he means to say that from doing that he lost 30 fps from what he started with.

7. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    oh alright, I will do that. :D

8. g_love

g_love New Member

If all of that does not work, you can also go into your gearbox and physically change the spring.

9. Scarred

Scarred New Member

370-330=40............. You Troll.

Attached Files:

10. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    He said "ish" which therefore makes up for the math... a buffer to being completely wrong.

11. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I was just kidding. @Op:All of the advice given will weaken the your spring.

12. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    We all love our buffers from being completely wrong :|...

13. airsoft6274

airsoft6274 New Member

This is not the best idea but put the gun in semi and quickly pull the trigger to stop the spring half way leave it like that and it will lower the fps this is a last resort because it can ware down other parts

14. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    if you don't want to replace the spring, put a crappy used, hard bucking in it until the spring settles. then put a nice soft bucking in it to get it back close to 400 fps (madbull blue).

15. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    Hey Alex, I'm downing my fps from 390 fps to 300 fps in my JLS FN 2000. I'm removing the 125m spring out of it and replacing it with the stock spring. If this does'ent get it low enough, will it be okay to shave a little off the spring to get it lower? And by doing this will I need to expect some over spin? Everything is stock but fine tuned in it, except it has a ultra high torque motor, 6.01tbb, and hop up mods.

16. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    keep the 390 spring and start short stroking your sector gear. start with -2 and see what fps you get. dremel off more to get it down to 300 fps. i prefer this method over weaker springs to avoid over spin with high discharge batteries.

17. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    All right do you have a picture of what that should look like?

18. maddmatt

maddmatt New Member

corbin
    Just a bit of info, all factory fps ratings are with .20s. So use .25s, and before anyone calls that the cheaters way...... Wrong!

What is a cheater way is chrono with .25s, then switch back to .20s. That's cheating

Running .25s should bring you down 30 to 40 fps

19. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    Try a smaller voltage battery?

20. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    That would only lower his rate of fire.