NEEDED: Gun Body

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MikeyBugs95, Dec 5, 2012.

1. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Im looking for someone with some airsoft tech knowledge who can build or knows someone who can build a gun body for a new design i made. If youve visited my othere thread in this catergory, you know the design im talking about.

Im still working on the design so theres no picture for the finished product just yet. But i would just like to know if theres anybody out there who can fabricate their own airsoft gun bodies and recievers for future reference.

2. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

It will depend a lot on your price range, complexity of the body, material, etc. Could you give us some more info on those?

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    If you're just looking to prototype a design, find someone with a 3D printer.

What used to cost 10's of thousands of dollars to do can now be done for just a couple to a few hundred on a 3D printer.

4. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Well... If i could afford it... which i cant afford anything right now... id go with ABS plastic... and the body.. as soon as i finish the design.. i can post.

Unfortunately i dont know where i can go for a 3d printer. and i cant afford it anyway.

5. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
  6. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
  7. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Check out this website, www.knifekits.com

They sell kits to mold plastic holsters and knife sheaths, if you can carve the shape of the gun out of wood, you can mold it yourself, but you'll only get the outer shell, none of the internal structure. Their prices are very reaasonable.

8. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Ok. Thanks for the advice and the link.

i just searched their entire catalogue and i dont think that they have what id need.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012