Needing info/opinions on CA Scar H

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by DiggyDazz, Aug 2, 2020.

1. DiggyDazz

DiggyDazz Member

Tulsa
    Hello! Hope you all are doing well. I recently purchased a CA Scar H off of eBay (for around $120) and was curious to what you all think of this clone and what parts to this gun are proprietary to the GB (SR25/V2.5 I believe) it has and what parts are V2 GB parts compatible. The gun seems to be in pretty good shape, no loose selector switches or weird wobbles in the stock. Shoots fine, tad bit of wine from the gears so it definitely needs to be reshimmed. I can’t seem to find a whole lot on this gun. I will upload pictures of it later. Thanks in advance!

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Not much to mention on this gun. Mags are hard to come by...not much to upgrade really...you can tighten it up a bit with basic DIY mods. You could improve range with a MR Hop Upgrade.

3. DiggyDazz

DiggyDazz Member

Tulsa

Well that makes me kind of sad. Does the VFC version have more after market support?

4. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Nope...SCAR-H are not heavily supported in any way...not even the TM model.

5. DiggyDazz

DiggyDazz Member

Tulsa
    Dang..super sad now

6. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    There may not be as much despair for you as it seems if there's a good look-around taken. What are you hoping to do with it?

7. DiggyDazz

DiggyDazz Member

Tulsa
    Well really I was trying to see what kind of parts or options I have to play around with. Like Gears, Piston/Piston head, different mosfets (like the Gate Titan) etc..
    Pretty much what upgrade potential it has and what parts are interchangeable with a V2 GB.

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Barrel and Hop-Up...many common parts. Internal V2L/2.5 parts...not very much. This is due to there not being very many of them around and they don't cater to the "niche" market very well.

9. DiggyDazz

DiggyDazz Member

Tulsa

What do y’all think about these? Just some of the parts I think might work.

Attached Files:

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Before you start chucking parts at your AEG...what do you want it to do? Do you have a need in mind?

That hop-up may not play well with your AEG.

And honestly...Hop-ups are like a car tire. The performance is not in the rims...rather the rubber.

11. DiggyDazz

DiggyDazz Member

Tulsa

Well I didn’t really have anything specific in mind. Just wanted to know my options. As for the parts I shared with you, it’s really just to see if y’all would know if they fit or not. Since you’ve asked, I’d like ~30RPS. Fine with slightly above or below. FPS to be under 350. Above those two though, I want accuracy and range.

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Is there a reason why you "need" 30RPS?

In this video the AEG in question is running a 45K motor, stock ratio 18:1 and on a 2S LIPO and it's hitting 25rps at 393fps.

If you want 30rps and you dont want to dig into your mechbox and the CA should be around 350 now...just put in a 50K motor.

As for accuracy and range. Increase window size on your barrel and install a Maple Leaf MR Packing with matching nub, shoot .28g bbs and reach out and do head shots at 80 yards.

DiggyDazz likes this.