Featured Nemesis x9 New Gears Problem?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Squad144, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Squad144

Squad144 New Member

Ocean Springs
    Hey guys. I really wanted to install some shs 12:1 or 13:1 gears in my nemesis x9 but I heard that people who did this before had a hard time getting them to work after. The problme i am refering to can be seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/bkgxp2/ca_nemesis_gear_upgrade/emhenls/ (read the whole thread it is not very long). I was just wondering if there is a way to get around this problem before I buy a new gear set. Thanks.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis

3. Squad144

Squad144 New Member

Ocean Springs
    Thanks. Would you reccamend a 28 tpa motor with 12:1 or a 22 tpa motor with 13:1? I really like trigger response but do want a decent rof (25 and up preferably and use an 11.1). And do you think i should buy a new neo magnent for the sector gear or just take the stock one out?

4. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Member

Seattle
    I think 22 TPA gets above 25 rps, way above. Especially with 12:1s, but before listening to me I'd wait for someone else to confirm.

5. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It's not just about TPA's. Other factors determines motor RPM and can swing the number 5000 rpms one way or another and that is a substantial change in RPS.

Here is an old thread from 2010 when I had Motor Dyno. Constant is voltage - 9V. But look at the variation in RPM ranges.

https://forum.mnairsoft.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=28181

So, you can in todays market buy a 28tpa Motor, but due to magnet type, wire thickness and other factors have a greatly different motor that could spin slower or faster...

6. Squad144

Squad144 New Member

Ocean Springs
    So what motor is a good choice for 13:1 and for 12:1?

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Depends on what you want to do...just fire bbs at 15rps with a 2S at 400fps. Any standard motor with do.

8. Squad144

Squad144 New Member

Ocean Springs
    Ok what about this setup: Action Army 35k motor with 18:1 gears, asg m115, AOE corrected, reagrease, reshim, and 11.1 Lipo 20c. What will ths outcome be.

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    As fast as this set up at 2:00 with a 45K motor same FPS (393fps) and a 2S battery. About 25rps

10. Squad144

Squad144 New Member

Ocean Springs
    Is the trigger response good? I can't tell. Also the gun sounds a little whiney, no offense. Just trying to get the best i can for my gun wthout breaking it. If i do end up going with this motor, do you guys have any places where i can get the tienly 35k cheaper?

11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    AR's are always "whiney" in stock form especially from an AEG from this era.

Good is a relative term...for me it was...because I took it out to an event at a future date in that condition. It was very distinctive....BZZZZTTTT...there's Guges!

I happen to have new Tienly's...62.00 shipped for a 35K Long.

12. Squad144

Squad144 New Member

Ocean Springs
    Just to clarifie the motor you have is 17tpa, correct? So you can assure me (to the best of your ability) that this will make my gun have good trigger response, rof, and good heat management with an 11.1, reshimmed and regreased with a new m115 spring (if the heat would be too much, how about the 30k 20tpa?). If so I will take that motor for 62 shipped!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    yes...very good trigger response.

14. Squad144

Squad144 New Member

Ocean Springs
    Why do you only sell them for 62? Everywhere else I see them for 85

15. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Because I am not out to fleece people.

Plus, getting more experienced users of these nice motors helps the player base overcome the false notion that these are "inferior" motors.

16. Squad144

Squad144 New Member

Ocean Springs
    Makes sense. Sounds like you are a legit business man! Did you learn that from working in the industry?

17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Oh I know many secrets about the industry.

18. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
  19. Squad144

Squad144 New Member

Ocean Springs
    Yes sir. I will send you the money tomorrow. I see 0.2 shims. What are the other sizes?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  20. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I can't find that bag any more...I reached into my shim bin and grabbed all that I had left...and that went missing...for the life of me I can find it. So i grabbed some new KM brass shims for you, should be .1mm