New airsoft fort!

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by GoldHawk_Airsoft, Dec 28, 2012.

1. GoldHawk_Airsoft

GoldHawk_Airsoft New Member

Hey guys I'm creating another airsoft fort! It will have clear view of my other fort, which most likely the other team will be in. I have a drawing of how I plan on making it. There will just be supports around the trees, and then floorboards on top: that means no joists. Instead of using 5/4 board for the floorboards this time, I am just going to use 4x6x8 board for more durability. I will make my ladder like I have for my previous fort. I might possibly put a railing on, but im not sure yet. If no railing, most likely plywood. I also have found the trees I will be using. Any comments, ideas, suggestions, etc would be appreciated!

image-3528802902.jpg

Sorry, the photo is turned sideways.

2. Tortoise

Tortoise Active Member

AZ
    That's neat! I always wanted to build forts, haha. never had the chance or space to do so. Anyway I would recommend downloading google sketchup, it's an easy to use program where you can design models of your builds to scale.

I've built quite a few misc. things from that. Anyway good luck with your fort! (and maybe some pics too!)

3. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    I think there is already a thread on this, you should search, actually, its a thread about forts that you already made, just continue on that

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  4. GoldHawk_Airsoft

Thanks! Ill try to include photos in the spring when I start constructing it.

5. GoldHawk_Airsoft

I appreciate you pointing that out, but I created this thread for a different design of a fort. I am almost done with the other fort, just a few simple things need to be completed on it. So I created this thread to ask if the sketch is good to base the construction on, if there is any flaws with the design, and if there are ideas or changes that should be made to the fort design.

6. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    The sketch is a little hard to see but i bet it would look cool. I wish my team could build forts on our home field but its owned by someone else so all we have is permission to play, not to build anything :(

7. GoldHawk_Airsoft

That stinks. I usually play in my woods, which is where my first fort is located. Some of its our property, which is where I'm allowed to build, but the rest of the woods is our neighbors, which is where we have permission to play, but not build. So this fort would have to be on my property, but yet I'm allowed to play on my neighbors property.

8. GoldHawk_Airsoft

Im finished with it! its a much smaller and is attached to the old fort. i have the equipment for a pulley system too, that will go up to the new fort from the ground. i just need a ladder for it and then im done

image-2795854690.jpg

Attached Files:

9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I'm not trying to be harsh but that "fort" looks like it's just a platform between 2 trees.
    From the picture it looks like it would offer no protection and would essentially be a death wish if you wanted to go on it.

10. Tortoise

Tortoise Active Member

AZ
    If you have one, I would take a jigsaw and trim all the boards so that they line up at an angle. Other than that it looks nice! What kind of support does it have?

11. GoldHawk_Airsoft

@703 sorry, i forgot to mention that I will most likely put plywood from the post from the old fort to the tree to provide cover. I meant to say I'm finished with the platform, not the whole fort.

@tortoise well I have three boards running from the post of my other platform to a tree. Then I stuck scrap boards between the supports, and nailed them into the supports, and finally, i layed 5/4 boards on top and nailed them in. and speaking of trimming up the sides, my mom has some chalk line that we can use and then I can take a circular saw and trim it up a bit.

Heres a photo of the fort currently, that way you get an idea of what it looks with the new platform and for how it is supported.

image-3722786221.jpg

The ladder is temporary. This weekend, I'll make the ladder, trim the platform, and create my pulley system.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  12. dsmeltz

dsmeltz New Member

york
    My team gas an underground type fort. There was a big hole in the ground. So they put woo around it then put wood on top and tin too.

13. Tortoise

Tortoise Active Member

AZ
    Oh wow that's cool. I would maybe put a board under the platform, it could be cover that you stand on.

14. GoldHawk_Airsoft

I got the pulley system on yesterday. It works well! Today, me and my dad are trimming the edges, and putting a ladder in. If we have time and my dads up to helping me with it today, we'll buy a sheet of exterior plywood and put that on the side that the other team is at. Then all that needs to be done is the painting, and then it should be finished! I will post pics today of the pulley, and then the whole fort when the ladder is on and when the edges are trimmed. I dont think I'll get to the plywood today, but probably next weekend.

15. GoldHawk_Airsoft

Heres a photo of the fort after today! If you look closely for the rope by the smaller platform, look down a little bit and you might barely be able to see the plastic crate for the pulley system. Also, I managed to paint everything today, too. Next weekend, I will probably put the plywood up and then paint that.

image-3346240324.jpg

16. AirRaider19

AirRaider19 New Member

It looks pretty good. Are you going to put plywood over the railing on the top platform? If you don't, anyone that dares go up there will be hit immediately. Other than that, your plans sound pretty solid.

17. GoldHawk_Airsoft

We usually lay plywood against the railing on the top platform, and it doesnt fall over surprisingly. It fits perfectly between the railing and the floorboards. Only thing being my neighbor kicked the plywood because he got ticked off at me for sniping him, and the plywood split in half. I shot him point blank with my sniper rifle after he did that. He also doesn't play with us anymore because "he doesnt want to get sniped."

18. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville
    Looking great! This really takes me back to when my friends and I would do this ( miss it so much)! Now everyone's getting sorted out for College (only like 6 more months to go :D), so we never get to do this stuff anymore :/

19. GoldHawk_Airsoft

Ive just recently started a small fort for the opposing team. It is made out of just firewood, sticks, snd nails. The wall is not near finished yet, and I might expand the cover around it.

image-3696628897.jpg

Edit: I've added more to it, but did not manage to grt a photo. Will do hopefully tomorrow.

20. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Instead of doing sticks and wood all the way up, I'd nail some plywood to the tree and call it a day. A lot less work and would be better in the long run.