New airsoft store! Support a small business, check it out online or in person!

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Cody Andersen, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    Both. CRB mlok in the Grey color and a PDW mlok in the Forest Green.

As I said, I have to move some stuff around so I may only end up buying one. But if I can do it, I will try to buy both.

I am currently residing in Mississippi so I assume no taxes?

Are you going to post the models on your site when I am ready to buy? Or is it "you send me cash I send you goods" kind of deal?

I would prefer the website, just for my conscience...

Cody Andersen likes this.
  2. Cody Andersen

Cody Andersen Member

Herriman
    Okay, I'll place an order for both, if you're unable to buy both they'll be nice to have on the shelf. And yes, I will post them on the site, but with a private link, so you can checkout through the site but no one else can go on and snag them before you've decided.

3. Cody Andersen

Cody Andersen Member

Herriman
    Just got them ordered for you. I'll let you know when they arrive, get them on the website, and let you checkout on your own time and discretion. Just if you do change your mind at any point, let me know so I can make them public for other customers.

4. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    Sweet man thanks. I will let you know as I soon as I can.

5. Cody Andersen

Cody Andersen Member

Herriman
    Anytime!!

Squad144 likes this.
  6. Cody Andersen

Cody Andersen Member

Herriman
    Also, I almost forgot, can you dm me your email or something that I can use to keep you updated? I don't want to rely on the forum solely to keep in touch and I'll need to send you the links somewhere nobody else can see them.

7. GrimWolf0770

GrimWolf0770 Active Member

Pittsburgh area
    I got 3 of there boxs each had a m4 type aeg 2 of the 3 are broken x.x unless they have something I need not ordering g from them. That why guges got $1000+ off off me and kic.com got the rest.

8. GrimWolf0770

Pittsburgh area
    Needless to say ill be watching to see where you go with gmi.

9. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    See here is what I think about his way of business. Yes his distributor is evike... But you are not going to be the one putting up with all the crap evike gives, Cody is. And as long as you buy something good (and not evike g&p) I feel like this is a great system. We all have to admit that the one thing evike has is a wide selection of goodies. Just the company is... well... I make this face with just about any time I am forced to go into that, dare I say cursed website:mad:! But having that middle man, a small business at that, makes be feel better about a gun coming from the evike warehouse. IDK, this is just my thoughts on it...:)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  10. GrimWolf0770

Pittsburgh area
    Evike boycott!!!!!! >=D

11. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Actually many of the longer toothed Airsmiths do indeed grind Japanese PDI barrels and many do take a Chinese Brass barrel and bring them up to performance levels of a Japanese one with final finishing...

Instead of working with a limitation...many improve the system by modification regardless of manufacturer.

12. Cody Andersen

Cody Andersen Member

Herriman
    I love it, thank you for your support regardless of my distributor, like you said if there's any challenges or issues with evike, that will land on me, not the end consumer. I will also be testing any guns I receive from evike, just making sure that they cycle properly, before sending them off to the customer, I'll make sure nobody gets a broken gun from me unless the post office decides to pole vault with it, or whatever they do to damage everything they touch :rolleyes:

13. Cody Andersen

Cody Andersen Member

Herriman
    Awesome! Much appreciated!

14. Graybeard

Graybeard Member

Silver Spring
    Way back in the day, I bought a couple of guns from ASGI(back when Tim was still doing the YouTube Vids, but before the ax man dude). They use to put a hand written card in the box that would say what the FPS of the gun was on their chrono. It gave the impression that they would check the gun before it went out, and it would give you the actual FPS of the gun, not just the advertised FPS. This might be a thing to adapt to your services. Also, it takes the big airsoft guys a couple of days to even process orders sometimes. Being a small up n comer, if you can get most of your turn around done quicker than them, it will be another reason to go to you over the other guys.

Also, I stumbled upon a distributor for some airsoft brands while searching for things. You should do a search, and find other distributors to work with. I’ve worked parts counters in motorcycle shops for many years, and we have at least a half dozen distributor accounts. The three largest have a lot of overlap, which works in your advantage for special pricing and package purchasing deals for stocking. It also helps when distributor 1 doesn’t have it in stock, than maybe Distributor 2 or 3 does. Certain items will be cheaper, but sometimes it may be beneficial to get it from alternatives. For me, it’s things like tires and oil. For airsoft, I imagine BBs and Greengas.

For that hard to find product line from other USA shops, like Guges suggested, there’s not an active Mancraft distributor or seller in the US. Now, I don’t know much about the company or it’s products, but they have mechanical HPA engine setups. With the Kythera being difficult to find, it may be something to look into. I’m sure someone on this forum knows more about that than I do, and will be interested in hearing what opinions are. But just an area to look into….

15. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    There are many ways to fill the gaps for badly needed items and services,...just knowing who to ask and when to ask is the key factor.

16. Cody Andersen

Cody Andersen Member

Herriman
    That's an awesome suggestion, I think I'll do exactly that. I've been debating on whether people would want a gun that's never been fired, or one that I've properly tested. I think having a little card with chrono results would make it worth it even to those people who don't like the idea of their gun being handled or fired before shipment. Thank you for the suggestion.

As for your other suggestion, I 100% agree, however it will take time. I won't be able to expand further until I'm able to move at least a small fraction of my current inventory, but when I do I'll look for different distributors, to give myself options.

17. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    Ok guys, I am not sure how many people have bought from Cody but I have. I bought both those Kytacs and let me tell you, one of the smoothest transactions I have ever had. All the great things Guges does with his brokerage Cody did as well. Shipping was quick (one week) and the guns were packages well. He kept me up to date about "pre-order" dates and provided private links for purchase. Boxes arrived via UPS and were in perfect condition. The guns were chronoed and the paper containing the chrono was included in each guns box. All in all, great service from a guy who cares about his customers.

Guges may be my parts, rare products, and import guy, but if I need anything from Evike (or hopefully anywhere in the states if he can make more distributor deals) Cody is my guy for that.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  18. Cody Andersen

Cody Andersen Member

Herriman
    Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words and support!

19. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Active Member Supporting Member

Sounds like Cody is off to a great start!! Good luck man. I tried something similar a couple of years ago. I started contacting manufacturers and what I found was that some of the main ones I wanted to deal with already had sole distribution deals with Evike and would not work with me. I was in talks with Evike about a wholesale agreement but I didn't feel they were a fit for me. I did enter a wholesale agreement with Airsoft Station who offered me a drop shipping option for items I didn't want to stock, I felt this was a great way to fill out my website. I also have a wholesale agreement Gate so I can stock and sell their products, (Titan love here). My solution for the smalls that sell, SHS Gears and pistons and such that I couldn't get stateside because of conflicting distribution agreements; I went on Alibaba and ordered in bulk. I sold a ton of SHS gears and pistons, but profit margins were slim on those. I built a really slick website, but to tell you the truth most of my sales came from Ebay and HopUp. In the end I shut everything down. To me the time commitment just wasn't panning out with profits, I got burnt out and didn't want to dump anything more into something that didn't have my full commitment. The Covid slowdown at the time was really the final straw. I wasn't really offering anything that people couldn't get elsewhere from more established dealers. What really sold was the stuff I got off of Alibaba, and this was usually because when other suppliers were out of stock on these items; I still had them. Again, profit margins were slim on these because I refused to mark stuff up crazy amounts on the basis they were out of stock other places at the time (ethics always come first). I still sell stuff here and there, but now it's just more of a hobby than a business venture.
    Keep the fire for your project Cody, if you can find your niche you could do well.

20. Cody Andersen

Cody Andersen Member

Herriman
    Thanks man! I definitely want to get an agreement with Gate once I can expand a bit because I also love the Titan and would like to offer them on my site. I might also reach out to Airsoft Station if you feel like they've been good to work with, could always use more suppliers. I hope it pans out and grows but it isn't a primary income source for me so I won't be too affected if I'm not making serious money from it. I think that's what sets me apart, I don't NEED to succeed, I want to, but its not a requirement, so I won't be as desperate for money as many small startups, and hopefully that makes my customers more comfortable as well. I've always hated the pushy salesman tactics and I think there's lots of ways to make a sale without putting pressure on people!