New airsoft store!!!

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by AirsoftMan1234, Jul 25, 2016.

1. AirsoftMan1234

AirsoftMan1234 New Member

Galway
    Hi all!!! I was looking around the airsoft online stores and noticed a lack of good quality places to buy guns. I am currently in the process of building a website to sell airsoft guns, tatical gear and parts. I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some ideas and features to include in the store or just simply tell me what is lacking in existing airsoft webstore.

2. Millsicorn

Millsicorn Member

Lots of information on every gun you sell, to keep the buyers informed and up to date on the gun and every other product you sell.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    First off keep in mind the mark-up for airsoft guns is very low. You're not going to make ends meet month after month selling airsoft guns. Where you'll make money is off the gear, accessories, parts, and so on. Most of the larger retailers are also linked with local fields to help drive sales for each other, and even then, most simply do not soar. So if you're looking to make a thriving business out of this, I'd advise you think again and find another avenue to invest in.
    But what I'm noticing is that many smaller guys are opening up parts and accessories stores and selling those items rather than guns. I'd explore that avenue. The make up isn't insane, again, but you'll likely have more money in your pocket selling parts, rather than having shelves upon shelves of guns that simply are not moving quickly.

-mobile device-

4. AirsoftMan1234

Galway
    Thanks for the advice. I was planning to focus a lot on accessories such as military clothing and all that. Do you think I should forget about the guns all together and sell the accessories

5. AirsoftMan1234

Galway
    Allthough it would be easier to drive traffic to the estore if you actually have the guns as I most people would be looking for the guns, don't you think?

6. Iram

Iram Member

Austin
    I've ordered one gun online, and that was through Amazon; everything else was purchased locally. You don't have to sell airsoft guns.

Gear is going to drive a lot of business, but you'll have a lot more competition. When I go to buy gear, I'm looking at Evike, plus real steel vendors like optactical, skd, blueforce direct, ebay, uncle same's retail outlet, fort bragg (sp?) surplus, old grouch surplus, amazon, plus three brick&mortar stores in Austin.

If you do decide to sell guns, my biggest complaint about most is not having good FPS numbers. I'd like to see a statement of "We tested three of these guns and they were all between X and Y FPS using Z weight BBs" instead of just "FPS: 320-450" that most retailers post. ETA: Posting weights in pounds, lengths in inches, etc., would also be nice. I'm tired of googling "300mm to inches".

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016