New Camouflage Uniform

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by JakeBworth, Jul 22, 2012.

1. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    So I have decided to replace my M81 BDUs with something a little more modern. I have looked around and I absolutely love A-Tacs. They look awesome and are not very common on the battlefield. The only worry I have is compatibility. I Have to have a uniform that flows well with my Flyye Khaki PC.
    So, if I go A-Tacs, I will need to decide between AU and FG. My automatic choice is FG since I play in a woodland environment and my PC is closer to OD than to Khaki.

A new set of A-Tacs will cost around $100 so I don't want to make a mistake. I would love to hear some input about the A-Tacs/Khaki combination or if you know of a camouflage that would work better.

Comparison Pics
    Flyye PC
    (Picture does not do it justice. It looks more green IRL)
    [​IMG]

A-TACS FG
    [​IMG]

A-TACS AU
    [​IMG]

Please do not post a reply if you do not know what you are talking about.
    Please do not post useless "generic" replies

Thanks for your help guys.

2. twp397

twp397 New Member

Friendswood
    Yeah same with me. I saw ATACS and I fell in love with it. I'm getting my real steel Remington 700 in ATACS FG.

3. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Based on the pictures alone, I would go with the AU. However, considering the fact that you play in a wooded area, camouflaging yourself is much more important, IMO, than your gear and camo matching. Also, I find that gear that is closer to tan still looks great with green camo.

4. johngol10

johngol10 Grunt Life Supporting Member

Camp Pendleton
    Woodland is still modern... :(

[​IMG]

5. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I guess he meant more modern, like more up to date than M81. Lol.
    I think the FG would look good. Hell either would look good, it's A-TACS...

6. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I love M81 but my set needs replacing and I want something a little different.

7. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    MARPAT? It's like woodland, but digital.

8. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    But I don't think MARPAT has the tacticool points that A-TACS. And OP I would go with FG, just because of the fact you are playing in a woodland area and that FG still has some tan in it.

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Khaki and A-TACS FG looks good, and OD and anything looks old. It's just a color that our military doesn't use much anymore. Khaki and Coyote Brown both blend in well in all but the greenest of green environments. It turns out that there's a lot more brown out there than most airsofters realize. A-TACS FG, it's look better and work better than AU.

If you're looking for alternatives, you can find some repro AOR2 pretty easily these days, and that'd be pretty hot. And Multicam is always a winner.