Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

New on the forum :) Heard that there is some serious knowledge here.

Looking for a new rifle to bring too both the outdoor and indoor events. So basically a middle point between close combat at carbine style/length.

My budget is around 1500-2000$
Platform is m4
Performance goals is 400fps and 40-60rps for outdoor use and if possible, extra spring to lower it to around 300-350fps for indoor use.

Been looking at the UA Krytac CQBR crb mkii and the crb-m sice thats a decent out of the box start. A bit confused though.
I checked airsoftzone.com's website and they claim that the CRB-M mkII Carbine have 395fps and 40rps - UA's website doesnt have these numbers

Also saw that there is CRB-M mkII Gen 2 Carbine model available. Gen 2 is a newer model? That one have 400fps measured but no rps specced...

At the other hand Im quite handy myself and would most likely be able to build my own gun. Tricky part is to know what parts to use to build a reliable gun with my performance goals in mind. Not sure if I would save that much money by building my own gun though?

If there is any UA peeps in here or serious builders within Europe, feel free to send me a PM, to maybe work something out.

All inputs I can get is appretiated!! Happy shooting ✌

· Administrator
12,626 Posts
Do you really need a ROF that high?

It would radically alter the form of the AEG to get it that high and it is higly not recommend to do this on you only AEG, yourself.

The parts have no standards and they are seldom "drop" in.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you really need a ROF that high?

It would radically alter the form of the AEG to get it that high and it is higly not recommend to do this on you only AEG, yourself.

The parts have no standards and they are seldom "drop" in.
High ROF is mainly as a brag factor.. dumping a mag with ridicolous rps is something special :p

Got a reply from airsoftzone, they have measured the UA Krytac models Im interested in:
32455: 380fps, 1.53J, 28RPS with .23g
35925: 370fps, 1.44J, 26RPS with .23g
35924: 314fps, 1.06J, 42.6RPS with .23g

The rifle with PN: 32455 truly looks interesting. 380fps and 28rps is decent.

PN: 35924 could also be an option to start with. Not sure how much higher fps I get by shooting .28 or .33 BB's ?

· Registered
Paintball Sportsland, CZ Airsoft, Tactical Airsoft Arena
883 Posts
The rifle with PN: 32455 truly looks interesting. 380fps and 28rps is decent.
You can get that performance by buying a much cheaper stock gun, reshimming the gearbox, and dropping in a Tienly 35k motor run off an 11.1. You don't need to pay all that money for an Umbrella Armory, which really is just a lot of hype thrown into a gearbox.

And Kyrtac charge way too much for their guns. Only buy a new stock Krytac if you are getting a deal. I am not saying they are horrible. Just not worth 400.00. Maybe 300.

· Registered
883 Posts
Krytacs preform well out of the box. Why do you want to change it?

Reactions: Jacob kunzinger

· Registered
883 Posts
Put in a better motor. Guges used a Tienly 45k and a 7.4 and got great trigger response. If you are an 11.1 guy though, a Tienly 30k might be the better route.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can get that performance by buying a much cheaper stock gun, reshimming the gearbox, and dropping in a Tienly 35k motor run off an 11.1. You don't need to pay all that money for an Umbrella Armory, which really is just a lot of hype thrown into a gearbox.

And Kyrtac charge way too much for their guns. Only buy a new stock Krytac if you are getting a deal. I am not saying they are horrible. Just not worth 400.00. Maybe 300.
Good points!
I looked at UA Krytac mainly because of the time saved to buy a ready to go gun.
It's got the Gate Titan mosfet system, cnc hopup, tighter bore barrel along with the dsg gears, better motor etc.

Did some calcs and I dont really save that much money by building myself.

I've been looking at the VFC Avalon Samurai CQB as well. Not sure how upgrade friendly the ECS v2.1 gearbox is though?

· Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys!

New on the forum :) Heard that there is some serious knowledge here.

Looking for a new rifle to bring too both the outdoor and indoor events. So basically a middle point between close combat at carbine style/length.

My budget is around 1500-2000$
Platform is m4
Performance goals is 400fps and 40-60rps for outdoor use and if possible, extra spring to lower it to around 300-350fps for indoor use.

Been looking at the UA Krytac CQBR crb mkii and the crb-m sice thats a decent out of the box start. A bit confused though.
I checked airsoftzone.com's website and they claim that the CRB-M mkII Carbine have 395fps and 40rps - UA's website doesnt have these numbers

Also saw that there is CRB-M mkII Gen 2 Carbine model available. Gen 2 is a newer model? That one have 400fps measured but no rps specced...

At the other hand Im quite handy myself and would most likely be able to build my own gun. Tricky part is to know what parts to use to build a reliable gun with my performance goals in mind. Not sure if I would save that much money by building my own gun though?

If there is any UA peeps in here or serious builders within Europe, feel free to send me a PM, to maybe work something out.

All inputs I can get is appretiated!! Happy shooting ✌
Most krytac guns don't shoot that fast they are usually around 20 to 25 rps .

· Administrator
12,626 Posts
Define Trigger Response you are seeking.

Everyone says they want better, but no one has ever defined what they are wanting to "improve" to....so with that you can "improve" trigger response by swapping motors and then to a better battery.

And no, Titan LION are not a game changer for the better...for the worse...yes.

· Registered
883 Posts
Again, a lot of the stuff that Umbrella packs into their guns are not really that worth it. There are cheaper methods of doing the same thing.

And trust me, you will never need anything over 25 rps at an outdoor field. You don't even need it at an indoor field. The DSG was originally made to increase trigger response before we had these fancy Tienly motors that we can now just drop right into a stock gun; the crazy ROF is just a side effect. You can get great trigger response using SSG and most of the time it will be less stressful on the gun. And much cheaper in the long run.

· Registered
493 Posts
I don't play, but I think a gun with an ETU/FET which supports three-round burst would be excellent for CQB. For me, anything over 16RPS is unrealistic (i.e., above real-steel ROFs). Personally, 22RPS would be about the highest I would go, but whatever floats your boat.

I would also recommend a high-quality, true holographic-sight like the EOTech (genuine, not a cheap reflex-clone). It permits rapid target-acquisition from any angle with infinite-relief and no parallax-error. This would be my top-choice for CQB.

Grey Automotive design Gadget Cameras & optics Camera

EOTech model 512 holographic-sight (2015 edition).

I just bought an ICS MP5 fitted with a 540-round CYMA dual-mag-so, plenty of bullets. I fire three-round bursts as fast as I can pull the trigger, with more accuracy than I would on full-auto. With the quick trigger-response of its built-in ETU, I can fire a sh*t-ton of rounds; I think three-round burst makes for an ideal CQB-killer. Think about the EOTech; a short-barreled rifle with a holographic-sight offers a lot of flexibility for ultra-quick sighting.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

EOTech model 512 red-dot reticle.

As for specific gun recommendations, I only know what I bought and what I've read here:

• ICS MP5 with built-in ETU/FET ($335 from eHobbyAsia; my favorite AEG).
• KWA T6/T10 (solid build; flyback-diode; proprietary hop-up).
• G&P DDM4/MK18 (split-gearbox, Evike USA models have pre-installed MOSFETs).
• CYMA Platinum-series (decent budget-AEGs, built-in FETs; buy from TaiwanGun).

I have three KWA AEGs and am very happy with them. The ERG models (e.g., T10) on full-auto make staying on-target difficult; check out the non-ERG T6. I read good things here about Krytac Trident-series AEGs, but techs here have commented their proprietary parts make them less desirable for further builds.

Attachments

· Administrator
12,626 Posts
Not many people have the cash to put an optic like that on an Airsoft gun...

· Registered
493 Posts
Yeah, I know they're expensive. I bought mine from B+H Photo for only $399, but now I see they're selling for $475 (must've been a special promotional price). My reasoning is if you add up all the other stuff you spend on airsoft crap, you could save up for one really good scope instead. However, at $475, I admit that's a bit steep.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
You've all made great points!

So, what would your best gun out of the box choice be when taking the upgradebility, quality etc. in mind?

A solid 400fps is mainly what I want out of the box, RoF prob around 30 to start with.

UA Krytac CRB-M?
Krytac CRB-M?
Lancer CQB?
VFC Avalon Samurai Edge?
Novritsch ssr15?
Other?

· Registered
883 Posts
1. You know how I feel in this one already;). Too much "goodness". You are paying for a lot of stuff that is not really needed. There are others ways of getting the same result.

2. A good starter gun. Some proprietary parts though so can be hard to upgrade but not impossible. Again, the price is a little high for what you are getting in the end.

3. Pretty much everything made by Lancer is garbage. We have a saying here about that company, Lancer Craptical. I heard they are getting better but certainly not a great gun in the long run.

4. VFC is known for making some great externals but the worst internals. Their gears strip. Their compression sucks. Their piston strips. Their "mosfet" is a joke. They make stupid design choices. Now this particular one is the "pre-upgraded" version so it has a few extra goodies but alot of the same crap they put in their other guns. This is another gun that costs way to much for what it is. Way too much...

5. The SSR-15 is just a rebranded VFC. Nov had VFC make him a bunch of custom bodies and put the essential VFC crap in the gearbox. Nov then just swapped a few pieces to give is a "performance edge". One of my favorite Negative Airsoft videos is on this gun. Best airsoft teching video ever. Watch all the way to the end and you will see what I mean...

6. As of late, I have been recommending Arcturus. But the gearbox is designed to accommodate a large microswitch. So no chance of fitting a Titan or Hybrid. This being said, all the parts that they did change from a standard TM design were not made weaker, so the chances of them breaking is slim. Even the gearbox features reinforcements with extra metal molded on to prevent cracking and promote longgevity. I love mine. The body is brilliant, the gun fires great for a stock AEG, the design choices are brilliant, and I am a huge fan of microswitches. Particularly this one, as it almost feels like hitting the trigger wall in a real gun. The only downside that I found was that the stock motor is garbage. This is the only reason it gets a low RPS out of the box, about 12-14 on a 7.4 and around 20-22 on an 11.1. That is an easy fix though, drop in a Tienly and use a nice 7.4 or 11.1 LiPo depending on the motor speed you chose. You could even try one of those new Warhead Base motors which are in stock now at Amped Airsoft. If you wanted to, a Perun AB++ would compliment one of their many CQB guns quite well. It is an inline mosfet, not that that is a problem; just a lot of folks like to have a Perun Hybrid or Gate Titan these days but as mentioned above that will not fit in the gearbox. I just happen to be old school and like a good cutoff lever design:rolleyes:! Here is a link to a bunch of Arcturus guns from TaiwanGun. Yes they are a good company to go with. Very fast shipping to the states. https://www.taiwangun.com/carbines-rifles/0,arcturus

7. You could try and source a nice Asian G&P. Guges is your man for that one. He has connections. But with china cracking down on airsoft shops right now, I am not sure if they are shipping out yet. Guges?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.