New design on motor conncetions!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by airsoftplayer14, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airsoftplayer14

airsoftplayer14 New Member

I need a bunch of people to answer this question. The reason why is because I'm working on an invention. My invention is unbreakable motor connections. The reason why I'm making this because i have gone through a bunch of motor connections, the thing that sucks about it is that as soon as I'm done with a build and go to put the motor back in the stupid motor connections break and i have to wait another week to buy new wires. And yes you can solder them but it is a pain to do. so all i need is people to to judge weather this is a good idea or not and weather if I should do so. Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    It would help if you explained what makes them different. Im mildly interested.

3. airsoftplayer14

What will make them different is that you can bend them all you want and wont break. And if you were to do that with the stock ones they would snap on the 3rd bend.

4. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    How. How are you going to make that possible? How much would they be? Pictures?

5. airsoftplayer14

What I'm going to do is get wires and push them through flexible thick plastic, after that i will push the motor connections into the plastic slot i made for it, so the motor connections are completely covered (the motor connections material is almost like pipe cleaner metal but more durable and more flexible). Then heat shrink all of that. And that's how I'm going to do it and i need peoples opinion if i should change it some how that's why this post is up.

6. airsoftplayer14

They would be around $10 for a set of 4 so if you mess up you can always restart.

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What's wrong with solder?

8. airsoftplayer14

Many people do test there shimming (specifically version 2 gearbox) they would test it by screwing in the gearbox then put the pistol grip on with the motor. And if you have to solder and unsolder every single time you want to improve on your shimming and not many people have the patience to do that.

9. airsoftplayer14

And lets just say you motor connections are still good many people just break them by accident just testing there gearbox just by unplugging them a couple times and usually that's how many time they need until they break.

10. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I personally hate trying to solder wiring onto the motor. It has less resistance, but, I hate it. Just try'd it on my VFC because the connectors broke. Lets just say it still doesn't have a motor in it.

11. airsoftplayer14

If my invention was out would you buy it as soon as you saw it?

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Honestly? Probably not. I'm content with soldering on my wires.

13. airsoftplayer14

Ok what made you not decide to buy them I'm just trying to get more ideas so more people will buy them?

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Because I can already just do this myself. Your idea is Way to bulky as well. It's not going to fit on the motor slots. Just put some heat shrink over the female connectors if you want to improve durability. This idea also will have no benefit over the previous mode besides durability. It's still going to have resistance. My final reason is if you build a gun right, you won't have to take the gun apart, do soldering is just fine.

15. airsoftplayer14

Ok thanks for your opinion.

16. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    No. I'll test it for ya though! Then give you feedback. No one will buy if it doesn't have user feedback.

17. airsoftplayer14

All right just give me a month and you can use the first one!

18. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    If you want me to, I'll test it as well. Might as well see if you can prove me wrong.

19. airsoftplayer14

Alright ill try to see if it will work out!

20. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    I'll hold you to it. After I test it, I'll give you some feedback. They can't be to thick though, or they wont fit.
    No, go away. I get the first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.