New DMR Project

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by KDAalternative, Nov 3, 2012.

1. KDAalternative

KDAalternative New Member

Chipley
    Any suggestions on mods or upgrades? Heres what I got so far:

ForumRunner_20121103_081105.jpg

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    You're going to have to give information on what the internals are, DMRs aren't really made DMRs from their externals.....regardless of all the people at my field thinking because I have a 20 inch barrel my M16 must be a Sniper Rifle.

3. KDAalternative

Chipley
    I don't know about the internals I don't know how to take it apart

4. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    I think it might be safe to say, start out with a longer inner barrel, and get a can to cover it, although it can be done, the RDW more the whole PDW class of weapons isn't really meant to be made into a DMR rifle. And if you don't know how to take I apart, how do you plan to do the needed internal upgrades?

5. KDAalternative

Chipley
    That's why I'm asking but thanks for the other help

6. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    You're asking for suggestions on upgrades and mods but you don't know how to take it apart -_- I would learn how to take your gun apart and back together a few times before flat out going DMR project. That way if you do screw up at least you won't have 50+ bucks worth of parts lying around that you'll end up reselling for less than 3/4 the price if you can't find a way to put them into the gun.

7. Devgru98

Polo
    There should be video guides on YouTube, but my suggestion would be get an M-16, SR-25 ect and keep that as a backup, it's nice and small and you can carry it on your back.

8. KDAalternative

Chipley

9. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    ...Wait a second, please tell me that isn't a springer?

10. KDAalternative

Chipley
    What makes you think that

11. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Uh well looking at the bravo/dboys RDW it has a bumpy barrel, and a fire selector on the side that your picture is showing and three pins on the upper, with a kinda funny m4 mag you don't have and a different grip and to top all of that off, I've never seen an m4 mag with 2 screws on the side.

12. Devgru98

Polo
    Not a problem! Glad to help

13. KDAalternative

Chipley
    Yes I prefer springers

14. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Prefer springers or can't afford a AEG? Either way, compare to AEG DMRs your springer will not be able to compete, if you get the AEG version you have a chance, I honestly take my previous suggestion back, I wouldn't try taking it apart, there's no guarantee it will all go back together properly and no replacements if you break something.

15. KDAalternative

Chipley
    Well both I prefer and can't afford, I just bought a sniper that I've been saving for for almost 3 years

16. Gunny87

Gunny87 New Member

Canton
    So this gun that you want to upgrade spring powered?

17. KDAalternative

Chipley
    Yeah maybe a spring upgrade

18. soviet

soviet New Member

Not possible, that gun couldn't hold a bigger spring. Maybe DIY mods and .25bbs, but there's not much you can do.

19. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Most spring guns are not meant to be taken apart and put back together. I would say taking apart a spring gun is a waste of money, but getting a spring gun in the first place is a bigger waste of money. Now spring sniper rifles and tri shots are a different story...

But if that gun doesn't snap in half from you trying to open it, then it is surly going to snap in half if you attempt to put a stronger spring in it.

And saving up for 3 years to buy a spring sniper rifle could be taken as a big no-no too. In order to have a sniper rifle that can outperform aegs requires maintenance and loads of cash lying around (by this i mean $500+). I made the exact same mistake. I bought a sniper rifle thinking it was going to be epic, only to find out it required much more work than I thought.

I sold my rifle and got a decent m16 aeg, and I am more than happy.

20. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

The only sniper rifle worth saving up 3 years for is a realsword SVD someone's outfitted with real steel furniture and optics.