New FPS

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by SlenderManGonaGetYa, Nov 6, 2012.

1. SlenderManGonaGetYa

SlenderManGonaGetYa New Member

Welcome,
    I've decided to make a First Person Shooter game that will bring tactics to a whole new level. I won't say two much, but ask question and ideas in the posts below. I want to make a game that works to follow tactics directed by whoever to highest ranking officer on your team picks. He will give orders to troops and rank removals and detentions can be used to lower the amount of "back-sas" from trolls. Rank depletion is only temporary and a Detention is like a fixable version ban or kick. I will try to add "Optional" video communication.

Where should I start to make this? I know it is a big idea, but I think I want to try to make at least a beta to see how it goes with more mature gamers.

There will be no campaign mode , only training courses and maybe a tutorial starter mission to teach how the game is to be played

2. Ace4300

Ace4300 New Member

Ridgewood
    Sounds sweet! I've always been a big fan of realistic games, America's Army, ARMA, Project Reality, etc. Are you working on it alone? Do you know what engine are you using yet? Do you have any experience in this?

Another thing I like in a realistic game is some sort of cover system. It's not 100% necessary, but I think it adds to the realism. I know it's hard to do, but It's just an idea. Also make sure that damage is realistic (Like one-two shot kills) so people are encouraged to get down and take cover. I like the whole command system though :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012

3. SlenderManGonaGetYa

It will be one shot your down, anything over .30 cal is your dead on the spot

Videos, clans will be incouraged, and i will have a standard issue mode

Im by my self, where can i get a good engine for free?

Im looking at graphics of cod4 or less

4. Ace4300

Ace4300 New Member

Ridgewood
    Do you have any experience in making games like this? If not, I would start off with something way smaller, or if it was me, a mod for an existing game.

5. Ace4300

Ace4300 New Member

Ridgewood
    Do you have experience with making games? If I were you, I would start with something mush smaller, such as a mod for an already existing game.

6. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    I'd have to agree with Ace. A lot of people started off with grand ideas only to end up failing because of the lack of experience to handle the heavy project.

7. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Unity 3d is a free engine. Do you have coding experience?

8. SlenderManGonaGetYa

I have helped out in coding, never have i dont it by my self

Im a fast learner

Im also going to look into making mods for cod 4 before i start.......

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
  9. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    I'd suggest playing around with Unreal Development Kit than to play with COD4. You'll learn much more valuable skills that you can put to use in future game development, whereas with COD4, you're limited.

10. SlenderManGonaGetYa

I want to let cod 4 have some more diversity of game modes, I still play it.

11. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    What your talking about sounds alot like America's Army 3. Look into it.

12. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

AA3 seems unfinished and broken half of the training a haven't been added in yet.

13. SlenderManGonaGetYa

Ill look.................

It looks great, ill look at it

The price of quality gaming latly has gone down

Slender, americas army, and others

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012