New Gas Colt KJW M1911

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by MauserP230, Aug 21, 2012.

1. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

I have a good amount of airsoft guns...that's counting shotguns, and machine guns and snipers. Problem is I barely...I don't have a sidearm and I need one bad. Does anyone know of any good KJW Gas 1911's out there?! I need one that someone's had experience and are satisfies with. Another thing *ALL MY GUNS ARE FULL METAL SO PLEASE ANY FULL METAL 1911's THAT ARE GREEN GAS PLZZZZ LET ME KNOW!!* Thanks.

2. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    KJW makes decent stuff, I've found their Co2 systems to be the most durable compared to others. IMO KWA makes the best performing and most reliable airsoft pistols guns if you really need a metal slide OOTB.

3. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

You own a machine gun or an assault rifle, and you have a sniper in your private army ;) haha. As for KJW they seem to be reliable I have not had my hands on one ,but they seem to be liked. Although you will get better quality with TM or KWA.

4. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

Ahaha!! Assault rifle...ak to be specific. Also a scar. But I've recently ranging out that WE does GREAT 1911's that last. I normally buy and upgrade myself. I DCOA every other day almost..almost like my real model 1911. 1911 is my fav all time pistol so I need a good brand/company to buy from. WE...or KJW?

What about WE? I've never gotten my hands on IMO or KWA so please let me know. I'm taking ALL the advice into thought because this gun I want and need. I plan on making this "THE GUN" to have...sidearm wise.

And you're a sniper?? Nicccceee I love it. I own an L96. That's what I do my sniping with when I do snipe. I like using my Scar a lot!! That and my pump action.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
  5. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    IMO isn't a company, its an acronym for "in my opinion" haha. WE I'd steer clear from. I've only had bad luck with them, as have others, but then again others have had relatively successful experiences. Really though, KWA if you need a metal slide. The NS2 system is lovely, the hop up is fantastic and responsive, the feel is solid, and overall the system is just nice to use.

Don't take me as a fanboy, I hate KWA AEGs and think TM pistols are superior, but KWA makes wonderful pistols for people with your situation. TM has a better hop up, more upgradability, and is eons more reliable than any other brand, but it has plastic slides. Sure the slide can be swapped but if its that much of a dealbreaker, just go KWA. Their 1911 Army should be coming soon if you don't like the modern PTP style (I don't) so that's always an option as well, it'll be your classic gun; gun metal grey with generic brown handgrips.

6. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

Ahaha no I meant KJW..but yeah I've gotten good reviews about KJW and KWA so now it's winding down between those two. I want a metal slide so if you say KWA specializes in that are...then I might as well go there right?

7. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    I wouldn't say KWA is the only company who specializes in metal slides but they're far superior performance wise compared to many other brands that comes stock with metal slides. I like KJW, their Co2 systems are very robust and kick hard and their GG systems work very fluently, though if I wanted a GG pistol it'd be KWA, if I wanted a Co2, I'd probably go KJW.

8. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

So I'm a GG type of guy, its my preference so I should go KWA right?

9. foxtrot2552

foxtrot2552 New Member

Golden
    I personally have a KJW 1911 Tactical and I LOVE IT. it was my first airsoft gun and is still probly one of my favorites, It has a decent fps and pretty good accuracy, although i put a Madbull 6.03 in it. It also comes standard with 2 28rd mags, but 1 is CO2 so I dont really use it. the other is green gas. If your into realism it has some clean kick to it. but overall I love it.

If you want, Airsoft GI has a custom one with threaded barrel already installed.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_70&products_id=4300

Regular one ( they also have variations like black barrel or silver barrel and black handgrip or od handgrip. I got the od one)
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3790