NEW glock maintenance and upgrades

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by johnnyboi2000, Dec 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. johnnyboi2000

johnnyboi2000 Member

Chicago
    Hey all, just got my TM Glock 17 from shootgerbcgear for christmas and had some questions.

The gun came with like green night sights I can attach on and replace the stock white ones, are the night sights better? How would I install the sights? I havent managed to take off the top slide yet.

Also the gun shoots fine and cycles fine, I haven't shot a full mag yet but will do that soon. Should I fill with green gas for 7 seconds right? Also when I fill the mag I hear a hissing, it's loud almost as if the green gas can isn't actually filling up the mag.

Also I really enjoy the gun, feels beautiful and I don't think I will be doing any other external upgrades. As for internal upgrades, I don' want any wear on the gun. Mainly to increase accuracy.

2. joshvng6

joshvng6 ひとひろ Supporting Member

Shibuya
    Heres how they look like with and without the night sight. And to take them off look for the screws shown in the picture.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    Don't count when filling the mag. Put your ear next to it as you fill it, you can hear the internal reservoir fill with gas. When the hissing stops that means it's full (not the hissing from gas spilling out the fill valve!) I usually add 1-2 seconds more just to make sure I have enough for the entire mag.

4. johnnyboi2000

johnnyboi2000 Member

Chicago
    Thanks. What sight to you personally like better?

5. joshvng6

joshvng6 ひとひろ Supporting Member

Shibuya
    I like the night sights lol.

6. johnnyboi2000

johnnyboi2000 Member

Chicago
    Ok I was shooting my g17 today in my garage, I shot about 6 full mags and was really spraying with it. It works fine but the cylinder thing gets stuck when I slide the slide back. Is it broken? Is it just the cold weather?

7. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    That means your BBU and hopup have a good seal.