Airsoft Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So this is my first programable HPA system. My other two builds are mechanical/pneumatic systems. They don’t have all those adjustments like the fusion/f1/f2/jack systems. Your question is fair, and I’m still trying to dial that in Too. I use stock mounted tanks for all my HPA builds, so I’m not tethered. If you look at the photo above, you won’t even notice that that is a charged system with a 33g CO2 bulb as the propellant unless you recognize the buffer tube nut not being stock. Not the most optimal propellant, but the regulator works with both CO2 and air. The drawback of the airstock systems is that you are limited in size. So an optimum efficiency/accuracy ballence is my goal.

But to your point, I may be using too much air. I had to make some adjustments to the FCU to get the gun to not jam after every other shot, even with the regulator cranked. The engine in this build is an F2 P*. It uses a double solenoid setup to control poppet and nozzle. So it’s very adjustable, wich means easily done wrong. once the system is setup to be most efficient, then I will need to figure out what to do with the stock barrel setup.

Trigger Machine gun Air gun Gun barrel Shotgun

These two are my other, the top is a Redline n7M, and the bottom is a kythera. They use the same regulator. Top with co2 and bottom with a 13/3000 tank

· Registered
352 Posts
Neat! If I were going to do HPA, stock tube is the way I’d go. Unfortunately for that dream, I don’t have anywhere close to my house or my field to fill me up, so AEGs are it, unless I want to buy a $200 compressor.

How do you like the mechanical HPA? I’m guessing semi-auto only on both?

· Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I like the mechanical system over the pneumatic system. The trigger feels like a real steal trigger. It has the brake and reset. You can tune the trigger pull too. The pneumatic system is squishy like an aeg trigger. It’s just a button That operates the valves instead of using a solenoid. Both the systems are semi auto only. There’s rumors from P* that they will be making it in select fire or full auto only soon. The full auto only would be meant for LMG and MG types. But no updates have been seen since they mentioned it in a promo.

As far as filling goes, I did pick up a fill station for PCP air guns that can fill up to 26” tanks. It wasn’t cheap, and they are more expensive now. There are tricks like buying a scuba tank, and using a fill whip to fill your bottles at home. But you still need a place to fill the dive tank.

· Registered
352 Posts
I do enjoy being able to carry a spare 5200mah battery in my chest rig and knowing that either one of the two will probably last me at least two hard field days, and then take an hour to charge when I get home.

· Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ya, I just can’t get beyond the scratchy sound of a mech box. On my other two HPA rifles, I can get through a full day on one tank, but they are Semi only, so I am not shooting anywhere as much as the average aeg guy. I usually carry an extra bottle in my flatpack, and can carry several. My thoughts on running the systems in a milsim using CO2 is that the 33g bulbs fit in the pistol mag pouches and gp pouches, so I can carry a lot of those with me. On a warm day, the bulbs are very close to the same round count as the bottles. They can be changed without taking the stock off too.

· Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
What? No speedsoft semi spam? :D

I get it though. Using semi only makes you think about and appreciate all of your kills.
Lol, ya. Not a fan of the spam trigger thing. both the ‘milsim’ builds are affective DMRs in range and fps(even in the m4 setup). But, with the HPA setup, FPS is adjustable with a turn of an hex wrench.

· Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Back to the build at hand. I was planning on tuning today, but found that my battery was killed…. :rolleyes: :mad: Plugged into the charger and got the ‘dead battery’ error 1 displayed. This is another reason I like the mechanicals better. So I took the time to shim my trigger. It was missing the trigger board if you put a little pressure on the switch towards the left. I also adjusted the regulator closer to the mech box. I fitted a new sling mount ring on the tube too. So now I can mount my sling. The OEM had too small inner diameter…..

· Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Which would be the ranking of these barrels?

ZCI 6.02
Prometheus 6.03
PDI 6.01
Lambda “one” 6.01

Tightbores are in the mix right now, because I’m looking to increase my efficiency. With a short ≈300mm barrel, I’m not gettting anywhere near the round counts out of the setup as the 363mm or 455mm setups I’m running…I have R hoped Prometheus barrels from Umbrella Armory, but figured I would throw this question up to see if these should be options.

· Administrator
12,082 Posts
I would go largest bore possible.

· Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Which would be the ranking of these barrels?

ZCI 6.02
Prometheus 6.03
PDI 6.01
Lambda “one” 6.01

Tightbores are in the mix right now, because I’m looking to increase my efficiency. With a short ≈300mm barrel, I’m not gettting anywhere near the round counts out of the setup as the 363mm or 455mm setups I’m running…I have R hoped Prometheus barrels from Umbrella Armory, but figured I would throw this question up to see if these should be options.
Going off of bore quality, it would be Lambda, PDI, Prommy, and lastly ZCI. The only 'benefit' to a widebore barrel is compression loss, given that '6mm' BBs haven't been 6mm in diameter for years.

Bore quality between PDI and Lambda is very similar, but Lambda is preferred due to the square-cut window. Even if you aren't using an rhop, the larger window is better for a wider range of bucking/packing mounds and nubs.

· Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks, that’s really the info I was looking for. I don’t want to have the ‘benefit’ of loosing compression, as that means I’m using more air per shot. My goal is to use the least amount of air possible, since I am limiting myself to a 13/3000 bottle of air. I understand Guges statement of largest diameter, but I am looking for a ballence I can live with.

· Administrator
12,082 Posts
You not losing that much Air.

6.01 at 373mm versus 6.03 at the same length is about 6fps.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts