New Gun Design. What you think?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MikeyBugs95, Dec 3, 2012.

1. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    I dont know exactly where this would fit in but i suppose it would fit mostly in here.

I have a new design i mentioned before in another thread and i think i finished designing it in AutoCAD. I want to see what people think of it. I will post the pictures and explain in a different post if anybody asks for the details.

I want open the spectrum here. ANYONE who has an idea and/or design for a NEW GUN, or part/accessory for a gun (not new gun as in take a M4 and put a different hand guard and stock on it, or take a scope and slice it in half and call it "new") can post here. But it must be a completely new design that has not been done before. If you designed and built it and theres only one or two like it that YOU have designed and built, you can post it here.

M939 new invent10.JPG

M939 new invent11.JPG

Everything under here i did before the two above.

M939 new invent5.jpg

M939 new invent6.JPG

M939 new invent7.jpg

The sights are based off the M16 family.

M939 new invent4.jpg

M939 new invent9.jpg

M939 new invent.jpg

M939 new invent1.jpg

M939 new invent3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. MegaNewb

MegaNewb New Member

I'm not exactly a senior member, but I like it what caliber round were you thinking?

3. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Well.. for airsoft... 6mm... But if i were to advertise it to real firearms manufacturer.. (i think thats how you spell it). id have it .223 (5.56).

I also thought about making CQB, and sniper versions.

And it's ok If your not a senior member. What I meant by that is I'd like their professional opinion on the design. What they think of it, what I could improve, what I could take out, etc. but i accept anybody's opinion. Any opinion is a good opinion.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    I like it.... Its alot like an XM8.. What if you brought out the bottom of the hand guard and added a built in flip out fore grip. Ris on top and on sides maybe? It is what I would do But I like it :) YOU MADE ME THINK thats a new one lol

5. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    I would also makethe point above the barrel meet the barrel and taper off the sides....

6. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Lol. I combined an XM8, a g36, a M16/M4 and some other gun and made this. And there are RIS on the sides and top. Those are the black bars going across the gun in the first 2 pictures

I aimed having the barrel free float. But i realized later on that I can't do that with the open space between the carry handle looking part and the barrel and rest of the gun. So what I am going to do tomorrow is make a piece that just holds the barrel and attaches to the sides of the gun.

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I find it to be too blocky right now... What gearbox type are you putting in it?

8. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    What would be realy cool is a button on the side with a spring loaded fore grip built in and when you press the butt pop.

9. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    I plan on having a version 2.. Or whatever type that fits in the m16/m4. And about the blockyness- I can't really do much about it right now. I can only go to the extents that AutoCAD Inventor lets me.

So like a hidden foregrip? So when you push a button, the foregrip comes out?

10. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    I think the main issue I see is that the sight area is gigantic (the whole carry handle), which isn't all that practical. Also, individually and overall the carry handle and complete gun are very tall.

11. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    I plan on having the whole gun from buttstock to tip of muzzle being only as tall as a fully extended m4 with a 6point retractable stock.

12. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    I thin thats where the harging handle was going to be? Like on the G36??

13. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    What these guys said. I'm not a fan of the built-in carrying handles on rifles as well, as it removes some of the modularity from the gun and makes it much more high-profile.

14. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    You got what im saying mikey

15. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Ok. Thanks. Oh. Do you know anyone who could build the body of the gun for me? Or should I send the design to a manufacturer instead? And yes. If I do, before I do, I'll make some changes from the input. But things I can't change like the carry handle, would have to stay.

Sorry oscar. I didn't get you said. Where would the charging Handle be like in the g36?

16. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    Yep thats right MIkey. The side walls on the top rail will limiit your tartgeting some. (I played with a famas like that and TUNNEL VISION!)

17. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Hm.. They aren't too big though..

18. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    The charging handle is below the top rail of the g36. WHy dond you modify the stock make it like a ak stock

19. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Hm... Ok. That's an idea I'll certainly try. And maybe with an ACR or SCAR type stock too?

20. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    The walls are more than you think...... Sext time you see a famas ask if you can look down the sighs...