New gun tuning

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Joshpeck, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
  2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I love how you didn't take a single word of advice we gave you... Anyways, the piston is pretty bad as is the nozzle. The motor should be replaced as well.

3. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    Well you don't have to really do anything, especially for higher end guns like G&P. I've only heard about their gear/piston problems (might want to replace with SHS equivalents) and that their motors are weak (fast, but weak-if you replace it, get a Lonex A1/2). If you haven't ordered yet, check out Lonex AEGs on Clandestine, they have good internals out of the box, and (from what I've heard) solid externals.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    We already went over all of this in his other thread.. He won't listen...

5. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    If you are talking about my "new primary" thead that has no talk of changing internals on a g&p m4.

6. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Check your hop-up for a nub, mine didn't come with one :D.

7. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    That's actually kind of funny, was it brand new?

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Actually, your other thread is pertinent to this thread. You were talking about getting a G&P M4 in there when everyone was telling you to get a Lonex. Why even waste our time for opinions when you don't listen anyways? I'll provide evidence of lack of listening if you want. It's all over your other thread. :p

Anyways, if you are capable of doing internal work and want a G&P despite our reccomendations, I suggest changing out the following:

-Motor (Really Fast motor, but likes to shed windings)
    -Gears
    -Piston
    -Check over the hop up to ensure it's assembled correctly
    -Swap out stock Nozzle for an Air Seal Nozzle (if it doesn't have one already. I can't recall correctly at this time)
    -Then it's all up to your tuning and such

9. SkyWaffle

SkyWaffle Top Gear Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jersey Shore
    When you get a new gun, charge the battery, go on this forum and listen to Archer. Then your set for life.

10. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Or you could have purchased the Lonex M4 from clandestine and had what is IMO the best OTB gun you can buy. I would be comfortable skirmishing out of the box. When purchased from clandestine it also comes with a Lonex A1. Yet, you still chose to buy a clearly inferior gun despite the recommendations of those clearly more intelligent than you. When you begin to upgrade this gun you will discover that you are replacing all the GP parts with the Lonex parts. Then, you will ask yourself why you didn't buy the Lonex M4 in the first place.

11. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids

Yeah, after one game I was wondering why the range was lacking, I opened it up and wallah, there was no Nub, although I did get quite a few kills with no hop and .25's.

And to all you other guys, while he did ask for your advice, and you gave it, it does not mean that you are choosing the gun he is getting. I am sure the lonex is a great gun, and so is the g&p, just because he chose one gun over the other does not mean you should ostracize him and continue to criticize his choice of gun.

12. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Thank you! And to all of those harassing me I haven't bought the gun I said "I plan", I still have time to decide for myself so calm down.

Also I haven't ignored advice from those of you that have given me advice, I appreciate it very much.

13. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Having owned both G&P and the Lonex, the Lonex is by far superior in terms of performance and reliability. It just makes more sense to choose the Lonex for a newbie with little technical expertise. That's not just advice, it's fact.

You could dress it up with ACM Magpul foregrip, AFG, pistolgrip, and stock for less than $80 shipped. //shrug

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Guys. Stop yelling at him for using his money the way he wants to. It's his own decision if he bought a gun that is not what you recommended. Half of you people have never even held, much less compared the performance to other leading brands. (in this case G&P) So don't hijack this UPGRADE thread by being butthurt that HE didn't buy the gun that YOU advised him to that most of you happen to know nothing about! A good portion of the people here wouldn't know a Lonex part if I walked to your house, spun your chair around, and threw it at you.

Rants are fun...

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    And I do know what I'm talking about... o_O

16. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    lol I wasn't directing the "I don't know what I'm talking about part" at you. And I didn't really direct it only about this thread.

17. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    If you're not directing at me, then why did you put "guys" in it? That generalizes that you are speaking to the participants of this thread..

18. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    The thing about upgrade threads, is half the time it turns out to be a disaster, especially for first time upgrades. That's something to take into consideration when advising a newer player.

19. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    I was more talking about the whole forum. The amount of people that are posting useless garbage is too damn high.

20. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

My mom does that all the time...