New Gun Under $300

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Northernillinoisairsoft, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Northernillinoisairsoft

Northernillinoisairsoft New Member

Chicago
    I need help finding a new airsoft gun. ive decided to sell my other guns to get one gun that i really like. i have just under $300 and want something that will last. im looking for a gun that:
    Is full or mostly metal
    Shoots no less than 380 FPS
    Looks cool

I have been looking at some guns and i found the A&K Magpul Masada and the CYMA M14 EBR. would either of those be a good gun to buy?
    Thanks

2. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Airsoft Masada's have a lot of problems, and the CYMA EBR is stupidly heavy bcuz it is made of pot metal externals, its essentially a $130 gun. I wouldnt recommend them.

Look at G&P, ICS, VFC m4 e series are in your price range too.

3. Baccarra

Baccarra Well-Known Member

Do you mind an 18 lb gun? If your a bigger kid then go for the EBR, otherwise neither.

4. Travis896

Travis896 New Member

Hager City
    I dont mean to be a jerk but there are like 100 threads about this. Sorry to be mean though.

5. Northernillinoisairsoft

Chicago
    i would like a heavier gun for the "realism" effect. i dont really want to go with an M4 or AK because those are (excuse my sudden hipster) too mainstream. I also saw the A&K m249 MKII and was wondering if that was good because i've heard mixed opinions. And its all good travis.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  6. Baccarra

The G&P EBR is rather realistic with weight. Many real guns are made of polymers so they are realistically light. If you really want a saw then go for the A&K. It's a decent gun.

7. Northernillinoisairsoft

Chicago
    do you know how fast the M249 shoots? because the listed speed says 400 but some chronos are saying 360 while other people are saying it only shoots around 300

8. Baccarra

350-360 range from what I've seen.

9. Northernillinoisairsoft

Chicago
    ok because im looking for more like 400. 380 at the lowest, so thats out of the equation. do you think you could give me a pros/cons for the CYMA M14 EBR and A&K Magpul Masada? also what they would shoot out of the box? sorry for the requests

10. cyclopso

cyclopso Member

Ann Arbor
    Look into G&P's line of M14. I believe they have a couple under $300 on Evike and it should last you while if you take good care of it. It also comes with a red dot sight which isn't that bad of a deal. Here's a link.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_219&products_id=39897

Another great gun with the Fps and price you are looking for is the ICS Sig 551. It also leaves you with some extra money for accessories, upgrades, mags, etc.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_221&products_id=30441

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  11. Baccarra

I would stay away from Masadas, A&K especially. They are known to have many problems internally. If you really want an EBR and think you can handle the heavy weight then Id say go for it.

12. Northernillinoisairsoft

Chicago
    So how fast does the EBR actually shoot out of the box? i was also wondering if there were any f2000's, ACR's or AUG's under $300 that shoot good

13. Baccarra

The JG AUG is supposed to be solid. The only worthwhile F2000 is the G&G which is over $300 and I'd stay away from Masadas. The CYMA EBR shoots around 385 FPS.

14. Northernillinoisairsoft

Chicago
    cool thanks a lot. you've really made this a lot easier. any other guns you think would be good? if not i think im good

15. LouisGaccione

LouisGaccione New Member

I'd even say go for the H&K KWA MP7. 400 fps out of the box, ns2 internal gas system allowing for conservative gas useage and in addition it is also comprised of nearly all metal with tons of room for upgrades. Check it out man

16. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

I'm selling a G&G F2000 for $245. It shoots incredibly well. It can hit a target at 200ft easily.

17. Northernillinoisairsoft

Chicago
    that sounds great gunNut. can you send me a pic of everything?

18. Northernillinoisairsoft

Chicago
  19. Baccarra

I'd get the CYMA but yes.

20. Northernillinoisairsoft

Chicago
    ok. the jg is blowback but it looked pretty bad. i also saw the cyma shot around 450 fps. is that correct?