New gun?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by MrGoodkat, Jul 30, 2012.

1. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

I currently have a JG M733 and was in the process of doing a build with it/fixing it (bought it non-working for cheap). I am considering putting the build on hold and just buying a CYMA cm035 to have a working gun, or saving a little more $ and getting a JG AUG Civilian. Another thing you should know I that I was planning on getting the AUG as my next gun anyways for a DMR build but if I get it I will probably leave it stock for now because I won't have the money to make it into a DMR or upgrade it at all.

-Price range: $100-140
    -Preferred gun type: Electric
    -Preferred gun models: AKS-74u, AUG, mp5 (really just look at my list, I am trying to decide between any of those or my build)
    -I do CQC and field.

cm035:
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5563&mobile=false

AUG:
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=27702

Galaxy mp5k:
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=27724

Galaxy mp5 pdw:
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=27645

Edit: New guns added.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Two totally different guns. What do you play?

3. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    I had to change the cylinder in my AUG to a SHS Type-1 'cause it came with a M4 cylinder. However, the JG AUG is very comfortable to shoot, it's also easier to move it sideways compared to an AR or AK variant since most of the weight is in the back. But:

Beware of JG's ARL's and triggers! They are a complete PITA when you're trying to close the box. Nothing too important if you won't upgrade in a while though.

4. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

Field and CQC.

I am more deciding between the build or just getting a gun that works so I can stop chairsofting 24/7.

5. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    I would say get the gun you are going to upgrade and just keep it stock till you upgrade it. No point in getting the Cyma then having to buy another gun once you are ready to start your project.

Soo get the Aug

6. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Well said, since you wanted it anyway.

7. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  8. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Two completely different sets of requirements there...

If there are FPS restrictions at your CQC field, then you may want to get the AUG (although I prefer the A3 AUG), since it'll still perform admirably on the field with the lower CQC FPS.

I run my CM035 in the field when I get tired of carrying my RPK (which is usually the last hour or so), and it does quite well in the field, but I'm running it at 385 FPS with 0.2g, so it's not exactly CQB friendly.

The Galaxy is a CQB work horse in stock configuration, but will be limited in field effectiveness due to its exceptionally short barrel (105-110mm long), especially against upgraded field guns.

9. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    I agree the Galaxy MP5k is awesome in CQC but like Sparky said your going to be at a disadvantage in field play. If I were you I would save up to get the JG Aug A3 it would work well in both field play and cqc stock and its the better version of JG Augs. Though all augs work pretty well in CQC because of the bullpup (that is if your used to reloading with bullpups). If I were you I would save up and get a JG Aug A3 this will make you competative in both cqc and field just as a stock gun then once you are ready to upgrade you have a more modern aug to base your Dmr off

Also the galaxy MP5k makes a great side arm for Dmrs/Snipers

10. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

In what way exactly is the A3 better than the others?

FYI I like a somewhat lower FPS in all my guns (<350).

Currently I am leaning towards the mp5 pdw.

11. motocross_guy

motocross_guy New Member

Jg aug IMO.......................

12. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    You could buy the mp5 and use that as your cqb gun and temporary field gun, and once you have your M4 running you could use the M4 for field and the mp5 for strictly cqb. Then you'd have one for each instead of just having two longer guns that are better for field. But until you get the M4 fixed you'll just have to live with the bad accuracy of the mp5 for field, but if you're okay with that than go ahead.

13. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

Sounds like a good plan, the M4 was gonna be my CQC gun. lol

14. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Bad accuracy of MP5 for field? Depends on the MP5 and setup, doesn't it?

15. averageairsofter

Menifee
    The mp5 he is considering buying is an mp5k and they only have a 110 mm barrel, which would give bad accuracy.

16. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Indeed. Don't know how I missed that.

17. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    In your list of guns, the only ones I have experience with are the CM035, the AUG, and the MP5 PDW.

The AUG shoots around 370-380, which is a bit higher than the FPS you want.
    The JG AUG is a nice gun, it has solid internals and the externals aren't too shabby.

The Galaxy MP5 PDW has a horrible stock, at least mine had a bad one. It was extremely wobbly, and would not secure in place. It is good for CQB, but it has an extremely short barrel, leading to bad accuracy.

The CYMA CM035 is my favorite out of all of these. It shoots ~364 FPS with .2s, and is accurate up to 130 feet. The iron sights are misaligned a bit, so the BBs will fire a little bit to the left when you're shooting long distances. Out of the box, the grip is a bit wobbly until you tighten the screw, which is really easy, since it's a phillips head.

18. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

Thanks Jelly. Does anyone else have any experience with the pdw, his experience doesn't exactly inspire confidence for me but I geuss it could just be a lemon.

19. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

Okay, I have a question but it isnt really worth another thread so here goes.

Are WA M9s any good, I have an opportunity to get one for $80 but I wanted to be sure first. Thanks.

20. averageairsofter

Menifee
    Yes they are good. At $80 that's a steal, get it.