New guy from Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Seger29, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Seger29

Seger29 New Member

Troy
    Hello every one . My name is Matt . I'm 29 from Ohio . My nephew has got me into airsoft . and I'm excited . and I found this forum doing some research . looks like a lot information to be had ! Thanks for letting me join the board ! Will post pictures of my gear and guns tomorrow !! Thank you and have a great day !

2. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    Welcome to the forum! It's great when new members join who are eager to learn. It's cool that your nephew got you into the sport; I wish I could get my dad to play, but no luck :( He thinks it's too childish. I'm interested in seeing what stuff you have.

3. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston

Welcome Matt

My 10yo got me into airsoft, I'm 49 and I'm enjoying it immensely as well careful though it can be obsessive lol

4. Seger29

Seger29 New Member

Troy
    Here's a couple pictures of my gear and guns . what I got so far . primaryfully custom, full metal airsoft M4 Carbine. Based on Evike's custom Metal Gear Solid 4 full metal M4 body, it features a floating RIS rail, an ergonomic pistol grip, and a Magpul stock. Also comes with Magpul flip up sights in the front and rear. Inside features a Systema gearbox with a slotted cylinder and a M120 spring, with a metal hop-up unit with a fresh new bucking.

This rifle is wired to the rear and will come with a 7.4v, 1200maH (30C) G&P Lipo battery that fits in the stock. It shoots around 380 FPS with .20g bbs, and has a fire rate of 20 bbs per second. Honestly, this is a great rifle that has served me well on the field. It is light weight, compact, and still reaches out to 175 ft no problem.

Side is a black ops ignite scorpion .

Need to get few more things !

Thank you guys for the welcome !!

Attached Files:

5. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    I like your guns and gear; you have a lot more than I do ;) I put almost all of my hard-earned money (summer job) into my rifle, but it was worth it. Looks like you invested a ton of time into your gun, which anyone on this forum can appreciate.

6. Seger29

Seger29 New Member

Troy
    Thank you ! It takes time to get stuff for me too ! I try to buy used when I find good deals . I paid 100 bucks for hand gun ,condor vest,condor gloves, save phase goggles,speedloader and ammo . next I'll be on the hunt for a sniper rifle.

7. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    Sweet! The second part, that is... Don't go around boasting about your Condor gear, the guys here will smack you down in a heartbeat :D I personally don't care, but just be careful, when one shark bites, the rest will rush in to snatch a part of the kill...

I always, and I do mean always, enjoy when someone leaves the lonely abyss that is the AEG world (lol, I kid, airsoft aeg techs are cool guys/gals) and comes to the light side, aka the side of truth. When you are ready, I would strongly recommend that you get a VSR-10 clone, more specifically the JG Bar 10 Pro Sniper version (or G spec if you prefer shorter rifles w/suppressors). Although I do not personally own the Bar 10 (I have a different brand of vsr clone), I think all experienced snipers can agree that the Bar 10 is the only clone that is truly 1:1 spec with the original TM vsr. Plus, the VSR platform is the easiest to upgrade and has the most aftermarket parts available.

I will warn you, though, that it's not cheap to start airsoft sniping. You should not expect to wipe the floor with kids with a stock sniper rifle. As such, I'd strongly recommend you head over to the Airsoft Sniper Forum to learn all there is to know about airsoft sniping. This forum's sniper section is a bit sad, to say the least :(

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  8. Seger29

Seger29 New Member

Troy
    My bad .To each is their own ! Everybody has an opinion on what they like and don't like . Thanks for the info I'll check it out for sure !! I like learning as much as I can !

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  9. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston

Great start amigo look forward to seeing you expand your gear and we all know in time you will

10. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston

I wouldn't pay too much attention to negative comments from weekend warriors, if you like it can afford it and it works for you that's all that matters!!

11. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    Hmmmm... I wasn't trying to be insulting; I was trying to warn him 'cause you know how some gear snobs are... ;)

I myself own a crappy $50 China-made plate carrier. I'm not particularly proud of it, but it gets the job done. That's what I get for investing most of my money into my rifle, but hey, I only need 2 vsr mags during open play games.

12. kazuma5201

kazuma5201 New Member

Raleigh
    Play in a game with 500-600fps guns, and come home bleeding. Then ask him if it's still childish. XD

13. kazuma5201

kazuma5201 New Member

Raleigh
    I've got a $60 NCStar Plate Carrier... I feel you bro :)

It's surprisingly good construction, though sized a bit too big for me. So I had to bypass the stretch material between the sides of the vest, using zip ties. Now it fits like a glove, and doesn't move an inch. Beats the crap out of paying 100+ for something that's likely to end up the same for me. As long as it's doing it's job and lasting long enough, that's all that matters.

14. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston
    My comment wasn't directed at you, I was purely referencing the potential comments from "gear snobs" well put btw

15. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston
    Touche' my plate carrier cost me $40 and works perfectly for me it isn't an LBT or top end brand as serves me nicely for now

16. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston
    Childish????? that's a shame, I do it to bond with my son, my ex military experience wasn't an influencing factor in my decision