New Impression, lots of elitism and snobbery, not for faint of heart

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Grin, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I'm currently looking to acquire a real-issue MJK EPC (with cummerbund, of course) from a guy I know and am deciding on what loadout besides my normal team loadout to use it with. I've been considering a Ub3r-133t [email protected] F0RC3 or Green Beret impression with a Raid-modded (or maybe crye-modded for the built-in kneepads) DCU base. But honestly, I'm open to any suggestions.

On a side note, this loadout will take awhile to build as school is getting back in and my girl is back in town so naturally funds will slow down.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I don't think I've seen any green beret impression. It would be a nice break from all the Ranger and Marine impressions you mostly see.

3. Grin

Irvine
    Although I can't say that there's a lack of Army Special Forces impressions, there is definitely less than of other units. I'm just looking for some opinions on if I should do it and other suggestions.

4. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I think you should go for a Green Beret. They are just as cool as a Ranger Impression, and aren't nearly as common. And when someone says, "Another Ranger... Haha.", You can say, Green Beret. Yup.

5. BravoZulu

BravoZulu New Member

I'd say that (arguably) the Green Berets are cooler. They're harder to do, though. A lot of what they do is undercover work.

6. Grin

Irvine
    I wouldn't call it undercover, simply dressing like the indigenous population in order to be LESS of a target and to be able to better interface with the locals, but that doesn't really matter as I'll be doing a direct action loadout.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  7. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    I don't have any advice for you--you know what's out there and you know what you're doing. But I do want to be subscribed to this thread so I can follow along and chime in where I can help out.

8. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    So, umm, where do you wanna start?

9. Grin

Irvine
    Well I've already decided on using a khaki EPC. My friend has been jumping through hoops galore with the gear he's given me, but he says that he has a "birthday surprise" for me since it's just about my birthday and I know that he's been thinking of giving me his MJK MBAV. So that and a 3-colour uniform will form the beginnings of my impression. Once I'm done walking I'll post a theoretical kitlist and hope you guys can help me tweak it to be just right. Hopefully Knief or another mod can help me identify the correct location for an"diary" of sorts keeping track of the natural progression my impression. I'll probably have a team mate doing a lower-budget impression (not real gear) with me if he comes through with it, as well.

10. SpartanReconAirsoft

SpartanReconAirsoft New Member

Edmond
    EPC
    -MAP
    -SFLCS Mag Shingle
    -SFLCS MBITR Pouch
    -SFLCS Administration Pouch
    -SFLCS Medical Pouch (IFAK) Note: I have seen them using LBT medic pouches as well
    -Whatever other pouches you may need like other magazine pouches.

Mich 2000 or 2002 (2001 and FAST are not common at all)
    -Norotos One Hole Shroud
    -MS2000 Strobe
    -Norotos Rhino Arm
    -PVS-15's
    -H-Nape

SOPMOD block II for field or MK18 Mod 0 (with block II accessories, excluding rail) or MK18 Mod 1 for CQB

Woodland Cammies or Multicam (DCU phased out)

For woodlands just a raid modded BDU
    Crye Multicam AC set for the multicam

11. Grin

Irvine
    Although I do appreciate your help, you're listing off the wrong era.

12. SpartanReconAirsoft

SpartanReconAirsoft New Member

Edmond
    What era are you looking for? It was never specified, but I assumed 2011 to modern

13. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Its my birthday tomorrow. :D. Can I have the MBAV? Just kidding, I'm looking at Pantac anyway. what era do you want? I personally think you want a 2006? Is that right?

14. Grin

Irvine
    I'm making a few exceptions to keep down on costs and just to let me use stuff that I REALLY like.
    Proposed kitlist:
    1st line:
    -Eagle industries duty belt in MJK
    -TAG MJK drop pouch
    -safariland 6004 for a p226 if I can get one on ebay for relatively cheap or a g-code holster for a p226. I'm trying to avoid buying an m9 after spending so much on my TM P226

2nd Line:
    - MJK MBAV
    - SFLCS pouch lot, I'll say the specifics when I have them...
    - MJK MAP pack
    - 3-colour camelbak for when I'm not running the MAP pack.

Uniform:
    - 3-colour DCU crye-modded by adventure tactical if he's available
    - Merrell sawtooths (this is the second major exception I'm making)
    - Mechanix original gloves. I've realized that I can't use my beloved Mechanix M-pact 2012's for this

Head gear:
    - Real MICH 2000 painted
    - MSA Sordin's (replica)
    - Oakley M-frames
    - norotos one-hole shroud, not painted
    - rhino arm
    - Surefire helmet light

Blaster:
    - Mk18 Mod 0, painted
    - EOTech 551
    - flashlight, need a suggestion on this
    - PEQ-15
    - tango down vert grip
    - KAC rear flip-up sight
    - crane stock

Oh, and I'm going for a 2006ish loadout. Max, 2008. Just in general the timeline where DCU was in use.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  15. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    You can use any gloves you want, even if they are 2012's. Gloves were always operator choice, along with boots.

16. Grin

Irvine
    They didn't exist in the era that I'm trying to recreate.

17. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Its up to you. If you need some more reference, the video National Geographic did with the Green Berets has people wearing both DCU and UCP. Here's part 1:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grTexmR7o7s[/ame]

18. Grin

Irvine
    I actually watched that documentary again a couple weeks ago. It does remind me why I respect the men of our military and the military forces of the world. It also reminds me why I want to join.

19. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    It also lets you see gear up close :)

20. Grin

Irvine
    Very, very true. Of course, I do that in movies and such anyway :p. My friends sometimes get bugged by me pointing out different plate carriers and such xD.

I got an email from my friend. He's still insisting that it's a surprise, but even mentioned the MBAV in the email -.-... Four times.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012