New m4

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by wngster, Aug 14, 2012.

1. wngster

wngster New Member

Im looking for a good m4 preferably rear battery( crane stock of course) with a ris under $200 and with a metal gear box. Cqb is fine but I prefer a standard length barrel.

2. M60_Airsoft

M60_Airsoft New Member

You could go with the new kwa models, they are right at 190 to 200 bucks, but tey have a plastic hangaurd

3. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    I would get the ICS linked above

4. TboneH

TboneH New Member

Riverside
    They also don't have a crane stock. But I can vouch for their effectiveness. My friend owns one and it outperforms anything in that price range.

5. eaglesfanjp

eaglesfanjp New Member

Well as my primary for about a year and a half now, i have used a jg m4a1 ris cqb. Its about $150. with the other $50, you could upgrade it a little. Jg's are great guns for upgrading!!!

6. wngster

wngster New Member

7. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
  8. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    I'm sorry but that is a load of BS. ICS is a company famous in the airsoft community for making reliably built airsoft guns time and time again. Echo1 mostly rebrands Cymas and JGs and then overcharges on them.

OP, here is an ICS m4 with a half RIS: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6796

ICS also makes an aftermarket RIS on sale currently: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10769

9. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX Member

San Angelo
  10. wngster

wngster New Member

Ok well I'm probably going to get the ics but do ya guys got something with less trades (painted stuff) on it? Just wondering

11. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    ICS is a very good brand

12. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

13. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX Member

San Angelo
    I had a Combat Machines at my shop for a while...

Externally, they are durable but the plastic feels pretty cheap. Internally, they are pretty good, but the brass bushings are absolute trash. The piston heads are usually very leaky as well. The motor wouldn't turn over an M120 with SHS 13:1 gears, even with a good LiPo.

Not really my first choice for a high-performance beginner gun.

ICS on the other hand, is freaking fantastic.