New madbull 6.03mm barrel

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by RoosterX, Oct 30, 2012.

1. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

Just purchased a new 6.03mm inner barrel and it looks like the bore is larger than my stock TSD SD96B barrel, is this possible? Thoughts?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh no offense intended, but are you sure you're able to see the difference of .05mm?

3. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

I know it sounds crazy but there is a very noticeable difference. I wonder if the stock barrel is a 6.01mm...

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Yeah, you're crazy, you can't notice a .02 mm difference with just the human eye. That is so incredibly small, less than the width of a human hair.

Besides, it's not about the more width, it's about the quality of the bore that determines the accuracy of a gun.

5. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

I did not say I could notice a .02mm bore difference. I can see that the new 6.03 has a noticeable larger bore diameter than the stock barrel. I don't know the stock bore size. And maybe they labeled the 6.03 incorrectly. Either
    way, the new barrel bore is larger! I forgive you for calling me crazy.

6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    ...Pics with a caliper or I don't believe you, enough people trust madbull that it shouldn't be a problem, have you actually tried shooting with it and examining results?

7. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    So you're saying that you can see the difference?

I'm telling you, you are imagining things. You CAN NOT see the difference of something that small with just your eye.

You asked if your stock barrel was smaller than the tightbore barrel you just purchased. The answer is no, it's not. And if it was, you wouldn't be able to tell. Now, stop with this nonsense. The bore of your barrel does not matter.

The bore of your barrel does not matter.

The quality of the barrel is what is important. Even if you were superman and could distinguish items .01mm different, you should be able to see that the Madbull is a higher quality barrel than the stock brass barrel that you have.

Understand?

8. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Education system at its best.

9. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Just going to point out with a sniper rifle larger bore is better. So its really irrelevant on whether or not its larger. If it is larger then thats better so dont worry about it.

And yes studies have been shown to prove it. The thought behind it is that it touches the sides of the barrel less and theres a better air cushion behind the bb. So dont worry about it unless your an FPS nerd.

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Please use proper English.....

Air cushion doesn't work unless you actually have enough air volume...

11. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

Thanks Fallen hero for the information. I will wait to see how it performs before I jump to conclusions. I should have time this weekend to put the rifle back together and tests it's performance.

12. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    You are probably looking at the the crowning on the barrel and that is deceiving you. If you really care so much measure the bore of the barrels and compare them. Until you do that your statement holds no weight.

13. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

http://community.evike.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=62&func=view&catid=24&id=153326

TL;DR it pretty much states what i said. the way it works is when the bb hits the hop up the bb immediatly shoots up to the top of the barrel. Then it bounces and bounces until it finally stabalizes and rolls along the top of the barrel.

Everytime it bounces it looses more and more of its spin. With a smaller bore it will also hit the bottom of the barrel more often.

Theres another factor in quality. A stock 6.08 will not shoot as good as a madbull 6.03. Simply because the stock one might have rough spots and the quality just is not of great. There also is a barrel length thing. There is a sweet spot where when the bb starts to roll along the top of the barrel thats where you want your barrel to end. As it is now stabalized and it being in the barrel is no longer helping it anymore.

But your madbull will perform better then your stock barrel. And yes edi. Air cushion doesnt work unless you have enough air volume. As described above though what i said was wrong. Its not about an air cushion. Its all about the bouncing around.

14. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

Thanks, that was a good read!

15. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Most likely your eyes playing tricks, but if you want to be certain, and have your claims hold weight, get a caliper and take pictures.