New motor

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Mikedigraz, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Mikedigraz

Mikedigraz New Member

Im planning on getting a new motor for my custom scar build. Right now it sounds kind of scratchy. I allready re shimmed the gears so i was wondering if a new and better motor would help the sound of the gun. If so which motor should i get? I use a 11.1 lipo battery.

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You can't go wrong with a Lonex neo motor. The A3 is high speed, A2 high torque and A1 is balanced. If you're not trying to get past 30 rps, you could go for the A2, it runs pretty silent and is very efficient. If you want something cheaper you could look at an Element high torque, they aren't quite as good as the Lonex motors though.

3. Mikedigraz

Mikedigraz New Member

Where could i find those? And how much

4. t0cKSIk

t0cKSIk New Member

clandestineairsoft(dot)com

And i think 40$? I'm not sure

5. Mikedigraz

Mikedigraz New Member

Is the shs high speed good? Cause the lonex is out of stock

6. t0cKSIk

t0cKSIk New Member

That's what I'm using right now and I'm getting around 35 rps with a 9.6 Lol I also have the 13:1 gears and a few other parts for my cqb build

7. Mikedigraz

Mikedigraz New Member

Ok i have stock echo 1 gears.. Could they handle that motor?

8. t0cKSIk

t0cKSIk New Member

I'm not really sure but If I were you I would buy better gears. The shs gears are only 15$

9. mpanary_fako

mpanary_fako Member

Nashville
    Echo 1 gears are tough (they rebrand JG), no need to replace them. SHS High Speed is very fast and hot, thus needs a lot of juice, which means get a big battery (biggest you can fit) and a MOSFET. If you're after RoF then that's the way to go

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    SHS only over heat because it's a lemon.....
    When the QC was a lot better......they don't do that.....

JG Red + 13:1 gear set, that's what you want......

(****....the 90rps DSG was achieved with JG Red and 10.44 DSG.....)

11. Mikedigraz

Mikedigraz New Member

How about a g&p m120? Is that a good motor?

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Nop, ferro magnet.
    They are fast but weak.
    Drains lots of power, will heat up easily, not as crazy as SHS lemon tho......

But, you can pull out the armature and put that into a neo magnet can and it'll be really nice.

13. RCV

RCV New Member

Yeah, my SHS high speed from their first batch was the best. It never heated up even on 13:1s and it was faster than normal SHS speeds.

I also agree on the JG red part. I think all around, it is the best motor I have ever owned. Better than SHS speeds or torques in every way, and cooler + faster than Lonex reds and oranges in my experiences. It will go in my DSG this weekend.

14. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    I thirdly agree on the reds, great motors.