Featured New Motors from Ares

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by 1tonne, Jun 8, 2021 at 1:44 AM.

1. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Hi Guys

Has anyone seen what the new motors are like from Ares? They are a totally different shape all together. The are round but only about 10mm tall. So nearly the size of a bottle top lid from the photos.
    Does anyone have any info?

Attached Files:

ma_airsoft likes this.
  2. sheed

sheed New Member

Stratford
    Not a lot of info on their facebook page. But there is speculation that it will be similar to the newer systema built-in motor - I could see that working.

3. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    So it will be in place of the bevel gear?

4. sheed

sheed New Member

Stratford
    Would explain the small pinon maybe?

5. Peeque

Peeque Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lancaster
    It looks about the same size as a 3" drone motor. 1806-ish, maybe? I don't think they'll be that great. Hopefully, I'm wrong though.

1tonne likes this.
  6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Brushless!

More interested in the controller....

1tonne and Peeque like this.
  7. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They dropped a gearbox picture today. Looks very similar to the new systema series as someone else posted.

8. Kuratosu

Kuratosu Member

Tucson
    I'm curious to see what it looks like but I'm having no luck in finding the picture. Where did you find it?

9. Peeque

Peeque Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lancaster
  10. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it has a planetary gearset tucked in there. Id be surprised if it has any type of standard sector with a step gear.

Id suspect this won't pull any springs over a m120 once they finish the design.

I'm surprised no company has tried a motor shaft floating worm gear to pull back a special cut piston. That would allow for insane torque and use the upper rpms brushless likes to run at, but what do I know lol

11. Kuratosu

Kuratosu Member

Tucson
    I'm not super knowledgeable on all of that but I think we can all agree that the word "Special" is the most inconvenient thing in all of Airsoft. Since Special almost always means proprietary. I know from experience as I have a Cylinder Head that has a 2mm offset for my Tavor, makes it not compatible with anything on the market, which is no bueno lol.

12. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

The question is, if it uses planetary airsoft gears, will it be the PTW style, modified a bit or fully proprietary.

13. sheed

sheed New Member

Stratford
    I googled a worm gear to see what your talking about. I can see where this would fit - great idea.

I second this. Give me a tm clone over any new innovative new design any day.

Squad144 likes this.
  14. Squad144

Squad144 Member

Ocean Springs
    :eek: Same here! I instantly thought drone motor.

All of these new innovations are killing my joy!:mad:

Peeque likes this.