New Piston for V3 GB

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by gregtotheizzo, Aug 7, 2012.

1. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

An SHS piston from Clandestine Airsoft will be better and cheaper than those two. Alternative brands are Lonex and Tokyo Marui. I'm not very fond of fullmetal teeth pistons myself, they are heavy and it's good to have a "mechanical fuse" in case your piston jams or something. It's cheaper and easier to replace a piston than to replace gears.

3. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

possible to send any links of recommendations? its for a v3 in a umarex ump.

4. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You could take a look over at ehobbyasia.com or wgcshop.com. I didn't link the pistons directly because I don't believe in spoon feeding. I will rather point people in the right direction and let them figure out the details themselves, that way they will learn something.

6. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter New Member

mokena
    Whoops, sorry I didnt see that. But look on airsoftgi, their prices are better then evikes.

7. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

The problem with that is its not helpful.

If you don't recommend something and explain why you choose that in no way are you leading anyone in the right direction.

I still wouldn't know 15teeth vs 7 or aluminum vs polycorb

I still wouldn't know brands that are recommended vs brands that people have had trouble with...

There's a difference between being "spoon fed" and transfer of knowledge from techs to non-techs.

As a non-tech looking for the right direction to base my purchase off reviews and what others recommended was the point. If I decide not to go with your recommendation at least I'll know to look for a 15th polycarb piston over an aluminum one. The attitude was a little unnecessary.

8. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

I've searched ASGI and Evike over and over and have been unable to find "decent" pistons. The ones I linked were the ones I thought were pretty good but wasn't sure if anyone else would recommend them. I'll search it on google and see if another shop has one in stock

Thanks!