New rifle, or new pistol?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Defcon5, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

As in the title, I'm having a tough decision between the two.

Resently, my gas blowback pistol (P226) got a little tiny peace stuck on the slide. I took it to my local store (TA Airsoft) and it turns out it was some part of the internals and can't find a replacement.

Also, my current primary is a G&G CM. I know all about the horror stories and none have happened yet. I've had it for a good year, year in a half and I'm wanting a new gun. A user on here offered me an outstanding deal on an ICS SIG.

So, my question to you people is this. Should I spend money on another primary, or another secondary? My limit is round $150-200 and the SIG is right there. What should I do??

2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I'd buy another primary. It really all depends on what you want though. Do you like full-auto fire (Primary) or quick movement and fast target acquisition (Secondary) at the expense of not having a BB hose. It really depends on what you want.

3. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

You see? That's the hard part! Deciding!

4. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Buy the ICS Sig.
    Sell the combat machine and buy another pistol.

Problem solved.

5. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    you can't have fast target acquisition with a rifle? lol? i like 703's idea

6. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

I totally understand your point, but the SIG shoots to hot for the local CQB place. Since I like to switch between field and CQB, I was thinking about keeping the CM for CQB. Also, I just put around $110 worth of externals on it round 3 months ago...

7. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Don't bother with a sidearm unless you're really going for looks or have a semi-only CQB place. Get a JG M4 enhanced and give it to a tech for deans, shimming, AoE w/sorbo, systema bucking, and SC spacer. This will last forever and perform a lot better then your CM, which you can probably sell if it's working fine.

8. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

I've already got the primary I want in mind. Also, I'm not one for upgrading (interally). But hope to learn more about it!!

9. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    I said get a tech to. Of course, I think I speak for any tech on the forum when I say we're more than happy to help you upgrade it yourself. I guarantee it's easy as pie and the results are unbeatable for the price.

10. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I see. It sounds like you would get more use out of the SIG than you would a pistol. I can't say this for sure because I don't know how you play.

If you see yourself using the pistol often then Id say get the pistol. If not then get the ICS. Of the ICS has the split GB design like the M4s and Mp5s you could essentially use it for both Field and CQB becuase you can change the spring out pretty easy.

If it does infact have the split GB you could always sell the CM and get a pistol because you could use the ICS for both field and CQB

11. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

I see what you mean. I'm pretty set on getting the SIG. Thanx everyone for your help!!