New rifle

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by KevR3AP3R, Aug 9, 2012.

1. KevR3AP3R

KevR3AP3R New Member

Hey guys, my birthday is on the 18th and I want a new m16 the price range is about 300, but I want enough money left over to buy extra mags. I've been looking at the jg m16a3. It seems like a good gun but all of the externals are abs. Exept for the barrel of course. So I'm not sure if that is an issue. I've also looked into the jg m16A4 ris, but I'm worried that it's front heavy because the rails are all metal while the rest of the gun is abs, so I'm not sure how that is going to work out

2. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Unless you plan on dropping the gun & abusing it the ABS body will be fine. Makes the gun lighter as well.
    JG makes solid guns and if you buy it, it will leave you with money for the extra mags.

It's up to you if you want to get the RIS or standard version. Rails are always nice but if they are metal it wieghs the gun down. With rails you have more options to customize the gun. Depending on where the battery is located you could always put clay in the stock if it's hollow to balance the weight.

3. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Here are some options from ICS in your price range.

Bushmaster Carbon 15
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=37500

ICS M4 S-System
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=37342

ICS M4 RAS Special Edition Full Metal
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=28497

ICS M4 A1
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6801

**EDIT: I'd like to add that a friend that got me interested in airsoft has ABS S-System for his son. I sometimes regret not getting one in lieu of my Deep Fire only because of the ease of access to the upper gearbox. If you want an easy, quality upgrade platform, consider ICS.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  4. TboneH

TboneH New Member

Riverside
    In that price range you can easily get a full metal gun, and I would recommend it. Yes, it's not necessary and it costs more, but there's just something about airsofting with a high quality gun that is just awesome. I've owned both plastic and metal M4's, and the difference in feel is astronomical. Oh, and if you're worried about metal rails on a plastic gun, don't be. My plastic M4 had metal rails, and the weight distribution didn't bother me at all.

5. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter Member

mokena
    I would say go for the a3. That is my gun right now and it is lovely,just make sure you get an extra bucking with your money because mine came ripped. Other then that the gun is solid!

6. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
  7. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
  8. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    NO. They just restocked some VFC's so go after those.

9. AppleJuiceChristmas

AppleJuiceChristmas New Member

hoover
    For $300, you could get a G&P or VFC. Don't waste it on a JG.

10. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    You don't like KWA? KWA is just as good as VFC and G&P. Although KWA isnt so good to upgrade but is great stock.

11. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Hey, watch it now. Are you here to help the OP or get his thread locked for starting a flaim war. It is his preference, not yours.

12. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    not trying to start a flame war. MY opinion is that KWA, G&P, and VFC are all equal. Of course in differnet aspects. There I'm done

13. MilsimM16a3

MilsimM16a3 New Member

Chihuahua
    Not trying to start anything but ill have to agree with chimp on this one. VFC, KWA and G&P are all good in different aspects. They are all basically equal in my opinion.

14. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    NO. Maybe G&P but NOT VFC

15. deus217

deus217 New Member

monterey
    Kwa is amazing stock its gearbox shell ladts twice as long as any other ver.2 ahell and it hoots 25 stock with an 11.1 i love my kwa and the jnternals are bery customizable the only things that are propriatary are the bevel gear and the hop up system is wierd its two piece