New sniper

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by spencer3289, Sep 8, 2012.

1. spencer3289

spencer3289 New Member

Ive been playing airsoft for a while and had a ****** aeg. So instead of getting new one I want to snipe. I love sniping. So any suggestions for a first sniper ?
    Price Range $200 range

Type of Gun You Want (Spring, Electric or Gas)
    spring
    Preferred Gun Models (M4, G36, AK-47, M9, M14, etc)doesn't matter any sniper

What Role/Type of Play You Will Be Doing/Playing (CQB, Field, Assault, Sniper, etc.)
    Sniper

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

If want you could get a JG bar10 it's usually right around 100$ but, you'll have to put about 150$-200$ to make it out perform AEGs.

3. spencer3289

spencer3289 New Member

The less upgrading I have to do the better. I don't have time to learn how to upgrade and what not. I would like a fairly good gun out of the box.

4. VTMZ

VTMZ New Member

Paducah
    You're not going to get a good sniper rifle out of the box. A stock sniper rifle will not out perform a stock AEG therefor a waste of money if you're not putting any upgrades in it. And we're talking like $200 worth of upgrades. So if you're not committed to that, don't bother getting a sniper rifle.

5. spencer3289

spencer3289 New Member

What kind of upgrades. How much money money overall will I have to spend for a beginning sniper rifle. I'm just looking at what will best suit my style of play. Whether that be sniping or using an aeg I'm just looking into new stuff to try.

6. TheAirsoftTech

You could, if you don't want a sniper rifle, get an AEG such as an m14, m16, ect and turn it into a DMR. But, then again, that's quite a few upgrades as well.

7. spencer3289

spencer3289 New Member

How hard is upgrading. How long will it take to learn to do it. Couple hours or a weekend Long project.

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    With most sniper rifles you'll end up spending around $350 and higher depending what you feel is needed in upgrades (top of the line upgrades). To have a truly magnificent sniper rifle you'll want to upgrade sears, piston, spring, spring guide, hopup or get a new hopup chamber that let's you use AEG cut barrels (pdi or laylax are some of the best ones) and a new tight bore barrel (most people choose 6.03).

9. TheAirsoftTech

Upgrading isn't hard, it took me about 6 months to be able to do everything perfectly: shimming, AOE, regrease, motor height, and compression. Now I do it to other people's guns for money. Lol

But, if you're new to it, be cautious. But, all honesty, it isn't hard once you get the jest of it down.

EDIT: IMO, the worst part about upgrading is when parts don't fit like they're supposed to it doesn't happen to often. But, obviously, it's happened to me... :mad:

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    He's talking about spring sniper rifles lol. But even those are quite easy to upgrade.

11. TheAirsoftTech

My bad, I thought he was just asking in general. But, yea, sniper rifle upgrades are easy too. Just expensive lol.

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Yes they are definitely not for penny pinchers. Lots of money to put forth to make it good. But once you do, it will be all worth it.

13. spencer3289

spencer3289 New Member

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll get a aeg and maybe later on I'll look into a sniper. Thanks again for everything guys.

14. allaroundairsoft

allaroundairsoft New Member

Go to airsplat.com and look up the well m70 it's around $115 with 500FPS!

15. twp397

twp397 New Member

Friendswood
    Don't listen to allaroundairsoft. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    No. Just no. FPS does not matter at all. Not to mention there are better upgrading platforms out there.

17. dickbuttalpha

dickbuttalpha New Member

I myself have been looking at an A&K SVD spring. Yes, it's a springer, but it's about a hundred bucks, shoots 480-500 fps out I box and can use AEG springs. The only thing is that it uses an M150 spring in it do that may be a bit hard to cock, but nothing you don't get used to eventually. I was skeptical at first, but just check out some reviews on YouTube.

18. renotsmike

renotsmike New Member

I actually have the A&K SVD Sniper rifle. It comes out of the box shooting about 350 (mine did) with the stock spring in it. Once I replaced it with an m170 spring it started shooting really close to 550. I still need to upgrade my sear, hop up, and later down the road piston and cylinder.

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    FPS DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!! Its accuracy is terrible out of the box most likely and upgrades are hard to find without getting some custom made like shifty did.

Lol. You upgraded in the wrong order. Sears and hop up first. Then you upgrade piston, cylinder, etc. lastly you upgrade the spring.