New Team.

Discussion in 'Indiana Airsoft Forum' started by williamc, Dec 20, 2012.

1. williamc

williamc New Member

indianapolis
    Predator is an airsoft team based in the Indianapolis, IN area with the concept that while the sport of airsoft requires professional conduct and tactics, it is still a game and we are here to have fun.We have 3 founding members. That started the team to promote safe airsofting and to help new players learn, the right ways to do things. We have our own field that is used to host games.

Airsoft involves more than just playing at other people's games. We have access to a field (5 acres) , many field improvements. we have hosted about 10 of our own events with roster sizes ranging from 30 to 40 people.

Team Predator is now recruiting.

Currently we are looking for riflemen,surport gunner, a sniper team or two , EOD team

http://predatorairsoftindy.webs.com/

2. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Why do you have an EOD team? In airsoft you don't deal with explosives... I hope...

3. williamc

williamc New Member

indianapolis
    i know a few guys that use fireworks and they make fake c4 packs with fireworks and we tape them to a door then set it off. or we hide fake bombs and have to find them and clear them

4. rblevinski

rblevinski Active Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    So you risk blowing your fingers off or death for it. That is very stupid. Maybe if it was something harmless it wouldn't be bad, but fireworks!?! Really!?!

Edit: I use an iPhone timer or this bomb app I have.

5. williamc

williamc New Member

indianapolis
    we never have any problem and only 18 and over is allowed to use fireworks, no one gets hurt.

The job for a EOD person on my team is for disarming fake bombs,

6. rblevinski

rblevinski Active Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    You might not have had any problems yet, but a guy that lives near me died a few years back. The firework didn't go off and he went to look at it, it exploded in his face. Fireworks can be extremely dangerous, especially when used like this.

7. williamc

williamc New Member

indianapolis
    ok thanks for your input but this thread is for people wanting to join the team, so can we stay on topic

8. williamc

williamc New Member

indianapolis
    still looking for members. we do have a game coming up on the 27th

9. adams-usmc

adams-usmc New Member

Classified
    I would love to join, but I live in Randolph County. It's East Central Indiana, do you know how far of a drive it is by chance? I've got 10-15 serious people that play on a regular basis on a few fields we have (3 fields 12-20 acres a piece all woodland). Sometimes we go to Ohio and play. If you can give me details I might be able to contact my guys and see who wants to come. Most of us are either 18+ or really close. Youngest player I think is 17.

10. gnjohn14

gnjohn14 New Member

Bloomington
    I live in bloomington in yet my parents live in Indianapolis and I don't mind traveling back to play a good day of airsoft. How many members do you have, and how often do you all play? I'm still new to playing and have only played small neighborhood matches, yet I've played a lot of matches. I have an m4 and pistol along with a swat chest rig.

11. williamc

williamc New Member

indianapolis
    we have 6 members. and our web site has alot of our info on it,,

i host games at our home field that has any were form 20 to 30 players,

12. gnjohn14

gnjohn14 New Member

Bloomington
    I have a strong interest in joining your team. Your field is an area I'm somewhat familiar with. This coming Sunday's game is right before my work shift unfortunately. So I was wondering about your training days coming up? I will be attending your February game for sure.

13. williamc

williamc New Member

indianapolis
    this sundays game was canceled anyway, after the february game i hope we can set some training days up, the february game is 2-17-13 and i want members of the team to show up at 9:30 so we can talk before the game,

14. SpecterHT

SpecterHT New Member

Indianapolis
    Where in indianapolis?

15. gnjohn14

gnjohn14 New Member

Bloomington
    Think east side of central Indianapolis. It's off of I 70 just north a couple miles. Visit the website in the first post that answered most of my questions.

16. gnjohn14

gnjohn14 New Member

Bloomington
    Unfortunately I have an exams on the 17th from 12:30 to 3. Keep me posted on the training days as well. Also if you guys wanted to travel to Nashville indiana there's a game going on mid march.

17. williamc

williamc New Member

indianapolis
    theres one is may that were going to,
    and our field is in mccordsville,
    and i will have a training day here soon,

18. Airsoftboy317

Airsoftboy317 New Member

You said you were looking for snipers my friend is a really good one and i work with asult. I have SCAR L and my friend and live anout 15 min away from mccordsville and looking to to join you can reach me at [email protected]

19. shadowassassian

shadowassassian New Member

I sent you a private message but thought I would reply hear too. I'm looking to join a team I live near Bedford Indiana. I getting a DBoys m4.

20. ollie

ollie New Member

muncie
    to havok and rblevinski. im their eod guy. if i want to take the chance hurting myself its my decision. however were working with firecrackers or bottle rockets not artillery shells. risk is minimal. but thanks for the concern. for those who want to try eod without the fireworks, take 2 bars white clay (simulate c-4) some assorted colors of wire and a timer countdown preferable. tape wires to the back of the timer and insert the opposite ends in the clay. when the timer goes off game over. disarmed by cutting or pulling wires. happy gaming

-ollie