New to airsoft? Look here!

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by RaisinCrunch, Sep 12, 2012.

1. RaisinCrunch

RaisinCrunch New Member

Hi, My name is RaisinCrunch, I have been airsofting for a few years now and decided to start a blog,

http://kelloggsairsoft.blogspot.ca/

Check it out, if you need any advice on anything ask me and I'll see what I can do!

2. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

I like your blog. I will definitely check back for updates.

3. tscebu

tscebu New Member

Dayton
    I admire your devotion. I bookmarked it. :)

4. RaisinCrunch

RaisinCrunch New Member

Hey guys, thanks. I plan to be an active part of the community, I won't be bashing any brands, just voicing what's good for the new guy!

5. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 Member

may i make a recommendation? now, i do not know what others have to say about it, but the ECHO 1 STAG-15 RC AEG is $170 on Airsoft GI, and I have used it all summer(this was my first AEG, and I have used it in about 6 games). I have probably put around 1500 BBs through it and not a single thing has gone wrong. I have played in the rain, dropped it in dirt and mud, and crawled through undergrowth with it and it still shoots exactly as it did the day I got it(Which is pretty good). The externals seem to be of decent quality, and it only misfeeds a BB or two maybe 2 times every time I reload it(so I lose 2-6 out of ~300 BBs). only complaint i had was the iron sights, the hole on the rear sight was too small, but then i found that i could flip a part down and there was another, bigger hole. so no real complaints. I dont know if you take suggestions, but just thought id say this just in case!!

EDIT: After the rain, dirt, mud, and random plant matter games I did clean it very well.

6. RaisinCrunch

RaisinCrunch New Member

You might have a hopup problem, replacing the bucking should fix it and yeah, I will be doing full reviews on guns, I will be getting a echo 1 soon.

7. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 Member

are you talking about the misfeeding? I was planning on upgrading it anyway to a full metal body, so ill be replacing the hop up for a metal one and ill get all new parts for it was well.

8. RaisinCrunch

RaisinCrunch New Member

Yeah I think its misfeeding due to the rubber

9. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 Member

Thanks! i havent really looked into the issue as much yet, with school starting i have no time, and i dont wanna mess anything up. but now i have an idea of where to look so thank you! is there anything specific im looking for, or is it just low quality stock rubber thats causing it?

10. RaisinCrunch

RaisinCrunch New Member

Well, most likely the hopup rubber is shredded, I've had this problem before, it's a cheap fix and happens commonly, quick fix is just buy a bunch of rubbers.

Lonex probably makes the best ones for the price.