New to Airsoft

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by MochiFrontLine, Jan 31, 2019.

1. MochiFrontLine

MochiFrontLine New Member

Hi there,
    I'm pretty new to Airsoft and I was looking for some help. I recently got this hk416 AEG from evike and have some questions:
    1) I wanted to put a mock silencer on it but after detaching the orange muzzle flash hider, I noticed that there was no threading to put the mock silencer in place. What can I do to resolve this?
    2) I also got this ctr stock from Amazon jp. But it seems like it doesn't fit because it gets blocked halfway when I try to put it on( yes, I held down the lever thingy too). Do I need a different tube to fit it?
    3) I want to make certain parts of it a different color, like somewhat yellowish but I don't know what paint I can use with the color im looking for. Any recommendations?

Thanks for any views and replies!

Attached Files:

2. fred_ditto

fred_ditto Well-Known Member

Des Moines
    Can you please post a closeup of the muzzle, as well as one of a front view of the stick next to the buffer tube? Wlcome to the forum, too by the way!

3. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    Is that the $80 one? If so...it's a LPEAG with plastic internals.

link0 likes this.
  4. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    Instead of pushing down on the lever, when installing you need to pull down on the 2 metal pegs on the stock. Once it's on you can just push the lever down to move it back and forth across the tube. Be careful because magpul style stocks can be hard to put on at first, they're a little stiff.

As for painting the gun. If you have the cash buy the Testers "cammo" airbrush paint set. But on the cheap just use spray paint. Just be careful because you can always put too much paint on a gun and it just looks awful.

5. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    I'm seeing this LPAEG more and more these days from new airsofters. I wish they asked for advice before buying the gun instead of after.

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    LPEG - Low Power Electric Gun

Sadly...this is not new. New players who buy in Big Box Stores (Primary peddlers of these sub-par-wares) are in it for the money only...I know...I was part of a distributor for some of them.

fred_ditto and link0 like this.
  7. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    I know from experience I bought cheap guns both lack luster crap really so I researched what was the best of the best and came to understand its HPA guns and Umbrellaarmory guns so I said F it and bought a ocaw. I have no regrets at all was it pricey yes but to me well worth it for the use and abuse it has handled. The point of this story is not for you or others to buy what I did it's for you to do research ask questions and to buy something that is worth your hard earned money. The best thing I can tell new players is to ask these airsoft wizards on here for their opinions I garrentie it will help... ok my rant is done lol

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  8. MochiFrontLine

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      104.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      85.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      114.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      80.2 KB
      Views:
  9. MochiFrontLine

10. fred_ditto

Des Moines
    Lpaeg... smh. If it sounds too good to be true, it definitely is with airsoft. Google is free. Please use it. It will save you money.

Topshotz357 likes this.
  11. MochiFrontLine

Should I get this instead?
    https://tinyurl.com/y78t3uvl

12. fred_ditto

Des Moines
  13. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
  14. MochiFrontLine

I guess somewhere around 600 or so.

15. MochiFrontLine

I'm in the US.

16. fred_ditto

Des Moines
    Then you have plenty of options. Go out, do some research, and come back with what you've found before you buy anything.

link0 likes this.
  17. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    $600 :eek::eek:

18. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    I guess I’ll step in and help out a bit. Will you be outdoors, indoor (cqb), or just want a nice gun to shoot cans in the backyard with? Do you have face protection? What style of gun do you prefer? I’ll assume the 416 catches your eye, but there are many options with that kind of budget. You have JG, VFC, and Tokyo Marui off the top of my head if you’re into the 416. If you’re going to be attending events, you’re going to at the least need some eye protection. There’s also room for extra magazines, a battery/charger (necessary) and maybe some more accessories.

To everyone else, c’mon guys be a little less broad than “do some research”. Let’s help OP pick something nice for themselves. Not to spoon feed either, but if the OP can provide some details on what they’re after, we can help in their decision making.

19. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    Is this $600 for a gun or $600 for a gun and gear together?

20. MochiFrontLine

ah, sorry for the late reply. I would say the third option since there isn't really any airsoft places where I'm at.

axlej11 and Airsoft Antics like this.