New to Airsoft

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Paul rotledge, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Paul rotledge

Paul rotledge New Member

warwick
    whats wrong or inferior about CO2 ?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Rapid Cool Down - 12g is just so little material, From 330 to 260 is not good for accuracy or practicality.

Overpressure - 800 psi in a 115psi system...not smart being that the alloys used to make most CO2 pistols is the cheapest impure material out there.

Expensive - 25 cents a jet if your lucky (wholesale) 50 cents on average...

Impractical - What do you do with a half used jet prior to the next round? You can't top it off, so do you waste it for a fresh jet or you go in with weak shots?

3. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    I actually run a Novritch ssg1 co2 with we tech green gas mags for the summer and co2 mags for winter. It works surprisingly well.

Paul rotledge likes this.
  4. Paul rotledge

Paul rotledge New Member

warwick
    I was just checking out You tube vids, on the Novritsch ssp1 it's awesome, 31 rds mags uses hvy wt BBs, Straight shots with zero hop up. I wish I would have known this before I purchased my EF1911A1 Tac. Now on my wish list, thanks !

OutlawAirsoft likes this.
  5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    And you can make that pistol from a KJW KP05/6 and have it for less than Nov's price...granted if you want the AW barrel you will need to spend a bit more.

6. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    I didn't buy the Nov new, I got it used. Nov products are a tad overpriced.

7. Str8creepin

Str8creepin New Member

SEMINOLE
    OK, not trying to step on any toes here because I know you guys know what you're talking about and everything that they are telling you is correct... But on the other hand, the Magnus effect within a 10 m or less range is not as evident as it would be over 20 to 50 m... A 45゚ mount for your micro dot is 10 bucks on eBay, I know because I just purchased a 2 pack of them for $10...
    Think about it like this, even if you were not able to properly zero the dot for exactly where you wanted your hit, over say 5 to 10 m distance, as long as the object you're shooting at is within the perimeter of the microdot's window it's more than likely gonna be a hit... You won't need to set your hop up so aggressively for that short of a distance so you should get a very flat trajectory anyway... Cqb is mostly snapshooting unless your campin on an angle which is where the dot will be a plus, and that just comes with doing reps, putting in the time behind the trigger... When you set your hop up, do not look down your sites, look down the side of the rifle and and set your hop up so that you get at least a 45 to 50' flat trajectory... As long as you're not trying to overhop the **** out of your bbs to get range, a 40 or so foot flat trajectory should put your bb right where the dot Is... A head shot is a head shot unless you're trying to pick a particular tooth to shoot out...
    Get your mount, put your dot on it, and do some practice with it... Experiment with it till you get it where you want it... That's what this is all about man, trying new things and making your gun the way you want it...
    Just make sure you come back on here and tell everybody how it works out and thank the people that gave you the advice there's a lot of good help on this forum, and Hey, if it doesn't work out, what are you out 10 bucks for a mount from eBay that you can probably sell at your next game day... Have fun, and happy hunting...

8. Str8creepin

Str8creepin New Member

SEMINOLE
    Your dot most likely will not have enough travel for that...