New to airsoft

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by smoke6, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke6

smoke6 New Member

Wilmington
    I just got into airsoft i currently have a UHC M9 heavy military pistol spring powered and I am looking into a main gun to get so i can start playing what is a good gun to start with?

2. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Westerville
    Well, what are you looking to do? Close up stuff (CQB), outdoors (field), snipe (Sniper), or want an LMG (Support)?

As an all around, a G&G or Classic Army sport line or Echo1 m4/m16 is a good starting point since they accept most upgrades and aftermarket parts and have an infinite number of possible outcomes. Just check your FPS limits so you don't get one that's too hot!

3. EthicalSneak

EthicalSneak New Member

Blacksburg
    I'd recommend JG as a starting brand. CYMA if you love AKs. As a new player, I'd also recommend that you DO NOT buy a sniper rifle or an LMG. Both of those are pretty specific roles that take the right kind of person to play and enjoy. Starting with a regular assault rifle will give you a good base to figure out how you like to play. Is assault your role? Do you disappear and flank? Do you like to set up at the center of the action and shoot at anything that moves?

Generally I'd recommend one of JG M4s to start. You really can't match them for price/performance ratio.

Unless you know a good tech who can shop around and find you a great deal on a used gun. If you know someone like that, buy something used that they can tune for you.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  4. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    I would get a dboy's m4 or ak there a good beginner gun and have metal bodys with good performance.

5. smoke6

smoke6 New Member

Wilmington
    Thanks for all the advice and tips Im mostly an assault and flank kind of guy. I looked into the M16, M4, and the AK-47 Now comes the part which to get lol.

6. AirsoftShawn4

AirsoftShawn4 New Member

Lansing / Webberville / South Lyon
    If I were you, I'd get a JG M4 to start with.

7. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    If M4, go with http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2108

If AK, go with ANYTHING on this page http://www.airsoftgi.com/advanced_s...s=Cyma&inc_subcat=1&sort=2a&categories_id=150

I personally use a CYMA ak74un, and I love it! Really beginner friendly design, incredibly easy to put battery in, and good accuracy for its size:) Just done get a jg ak, as those just feel weird and break:p

Also, if you want to stand out from the crowd, get an AK variation....everyone's getting m4's these days:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.