New to airsofting and having some trouble...

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by sgraff1, Oct 2, 2012.

1. sgraff1

sgraff1 New Member

Garden Grove
    Hey guys, I'm a complete newb to airsofting, and to this forum as well. I just have a couple questions that I'd like to ask.

Here's the situation, I bought a new SHS high speed motor for my G&G CM16 Raider, and when I tried to install it today, the motor did not turn on what so ever. The gun didn't shoot, and there was no response. I'm using a 9.6v battery. I tried adjusting the motor height, and it did nothing. When I switched back to my old motor, everything worked fine (except the part where I had to configure the height of my stock motor, I dried fired a lot D: ). I also tried this on two G&G's. I'm kinda scared that I got a lemon, which would totally blow. Am I doing anything wrong? I connected the wires correctly, positive to positive and negative to negative. I'd really appreciate the help.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  2. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    Probably a lemon, just return it to where you got it from, they should replace it.

You can also try connecting the wires to the motor without installing the motor into the grip and see if it spins.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What's the capacity of the battery? SHS high speed motors will eat a little 9.6v ni-mh for breakfast you know, they are extremely powerhungry. Have you tried running the motor outside the gun?

4. sgraff1

sgraff1 New Member

Garden Grove
    It doesn't spin at all

1600mah, and yes, it doesn't spin

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  5. sgraff1

sgraff1 New Member

Garden Grove
    sooo im guessing I got a lemon huh..

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    if it doesnt spin outside the gun its a bad motor.

7. superpirst

superpirst New Member

Cupertino
    Return it or just get a refund if you can.

8. KINGxXxKOBRA

KINGxXxKOBRA New Member

U guys are wastin ur time i had the same problem on my upgraded m5 all u do is change the wires

9. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    KINGxXxKOBRA, use proper spelling and grammar.
    Rules clearly state you must do so.

either do it or your posts will start disappearing.

10. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Explain how if the factory motor works fine, replacing the wires will fix the problem?
    Also, for anyone to take you seriously learn to spell correctly, use proper grammar and don't just blurt out things without reasoning

11. Parallel38Airsoft

Parallel38Airsoft New Member

Knoxville
    If you have an inline fuse, make sure it has not blown. If the motor pulls too many amps it will blow the fuse, or burn up the trigger switch.

12. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    ^This. My friend put an SHS HS in his G&G MP5 and the fuse blew pretty quick. apparently G&Gs come with 20A fuses and SHS motors eat more then that. Best to go to a 25 or 30 amp fuse. Although the motor is a lemon, it might be good to replace that fuse before the new one comes back :)