New to sniping

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by jon_wallace95, Oct 26, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Am new to airsoft sniping but not airsoft, I've been in it for a while but am getting bored of the assault trouper role, it's too monotonous, I've used my friends cyma zm51 quite a few times and I love the feel of it, I guess what I'm asking is, what is a good, cheap, base/starting model m24?

2. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I'd go with a jg BAR10, great upgrade platform, very affordable.

3. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    I might actually go with a javelin or UK-arms M-24 better externals and weight, the bar-10 from JG it to freaking light to make it feel real.

4. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    If you can save up money and get your hands on one, the classic army m24 is arguably the best stock sniper rifle you can buy.

5. jon_wallace95

Alright, thanks for the input guys, I think I'm going to start off with my friends cyma zm51 till I save up some cash, then I might look at that classic army

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I second this. Being that I'm an owner of a Classic Army M24 I can tell you that it feels amazing. Great weight to it because of the full polymer stock, not like cheaper guns that use a hollowed out stock. Everything inside of the bolt is APS2 compatible and the sears that come stock with the gun are amazingly strong. The hopup chamber also allows you to use AEG cut barrels, meaning upgrade barrels are a lot easier on the wallet and you have plenty of brands to choose from. Finding a Classic Army M24 might be tough however. Best chances on picking one up would be to roam through multiple classifieds on different forums. Check out airsoft sniper forum, that would probably be your best spot to pick one of these amazing guns up.

7. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

So im going to point something out here. That gun is 215 or so dollars.

So is the TM VSR 10... In my opinion its not even a contest. The TM with some basic DIY mods would blow that CA out of the water.

8. jon_wallace95

I'll have to give all those a look when I can, but as for comfort, which is better, an m24 platform or an l96? My friend has a ukarms l96 he might sell to me cheap or give to me as a bday gift, but idk if I would use it, the l96 just looks like such an uncomfortable hand positioning.

9. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    The L96 is actually very comfortable to hold, although it will require upgrades as well, cheaper UK-arms are not good out of the box. But another good platform. It's all personal opinion.

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    It's not $215 if he buys it on the classifieds. I've seen them go cheap, and already have some upgrades in them. It all depends on whether the OP wants a New or used gun and if he wants an APS2 platform or a VSR-10.

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Not really, there are reasons why PDI chose the CA M24 as the base gun for their PDI M24.
    And just FYI, there are also reasons why 2J30M loves APS/APS-2 rifles.

UK Arms M24 = crap, don't buy that.

So......back to the OP....
    If you want an M24/700.....
    CA M24
    JGW M24
    JG Bar-10
    KJW M700 (if you want to go to the gas route)

12. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I've always thought gas snipers were pretty awesome

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    They are, bolt is easy to pull/push so you can get that really fast follow up shot.
    BUT, the propellant is the problem.
    Green gas is too unstable. (expands, cools down etc etc)
    Unregulated CO2 is even worse.

You want a nice and consistent gas rifle, you have to HPA rig it.