New to this. M4A1 questions

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Mouse896, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Mouse896

Mouse896 New Member

Fist off I'm a great horn when it comes to airsoft and this forum page so please excuse my ignorance.

My friend has a hard on for the echo 1 M4. And it's my personal favorite weapon system. If I do go with this weapon, am I able to throw as many MOE products as I can to it?

I'm a emergency EMT so pay is horrible but it won't be an issue considering I'd rather save up for the parts I truly want.

My laundry list of Magpul upgrades would possibly be: stock, lower MOE receiver, RIS rail hand guard, sling mounts and any other little things here and there. Any help in this would be great.

And again please excuse any ignorance towards the properness of post quality. Thank you again

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Hm I don't actually think so depending on the gun, an echo 1 stag arms (at least the one I have) doesn't have a real style delta ring, so won't fit an MOE handguard.

3. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Instead of the moe handguard you could jut get RIS and put on an afg and mbus

4. Mouse896

Mouse896 New Member

Alex, great sight. Thank you.

So the way the thread is going so far, am I ok to assume the other parts are interchangeable with the echo 1?

5. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    This is not necessarily true. My Echo1 Stag 15 has a real style delta ring. I should be getting a Magpul handguard soon, if I am able to pick it up.
    When I do I will let you know how it works.

6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    ...Which is kind of why I said "depending on the gun" and (at least the one I have).

7. Mouse896

Mouse896 New Member

Now these echo's, are they something that is worth upgrading and can stand up to the rest? Because like I said the money isn't always there in my line of work but the sport for the most part is relatively cheap to play once a few things are at hand.

8. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    My Echo 1 has been great. I had it stock for 2 years before I knew how to upgrade and do GB work.
    After about 2 years, the gears started getting stripped, and that's when I opened it up and upgraded.
    It runs beautifully now and is an amazing gun.
    Some people will say that E1 will just rebrand JG or Cyma, but this is not true.

9. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Actually, it is. .

10. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    that's like saying Dell rebrands computers and accessories...
    echo1 contracts with manufacturers for custom specifications (upgrades).

11. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Which would be...metal bushings, metal spring guide, and their logo right?

12. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    sounds like what dell does.
    extra memory, more slots, bigger hd, and their logo...

and with dell's business model, echo1 has good customer service and warranty (clue: they don't ask for receipts or date of purchase, they just send you replacement parts for free).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  13. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    That is true, I forgot about their warranty.

14. Mouse896

Mouse896 New Member

So for the most part, I can replace a good amount of the externals and the lower? Also do they have good internal upgrades for the echo?

15. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    who do mean by "they"

16. Mouse896

Mouse896 New Member

By "they" I mean the aftermarket companies.