New to this....

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by importshark03, Oct 22, 2012.

1. importshark03

importshark03 New Member

Rochester
    So a friend of mine is getting a bunch of us into airsoft. I've already got a bunch of gear that I've just ordered, but I had a question. I chose the H&K USP Match as my pistol, and i just got the NcSTAR drop leg holster, but I am not really satisfied with my choice of holster. First of all I had to actually cut the bottom of the holster to get the pistol to fit, and second the whole assembly is really flimsy, just walking the whole holster is swinging around. Dose anyone have any recommendations for what holster i should look into getting? I was looking at the Blackhawk Serpa but they don't make one for the match >.<

2. schlabie

schlabie New Member

I see this is your first post, welcome! As to your question try a holster that attaches to the vest (If you have a vest), or a belt holster. Im pretty sure the Serpa for the USP should work, unless the match is somehow bigger or smaller than the real steel version.

3. KDAalternative

KDAalternative New Member

Chipley
    Check airsoftgi they have good holsters

4. importshark03

importshark03 New Member

Rochester
    Thanks schlabie, i do have a vest but I've never been a big fan of the vest mounted holsters. The Match seems to be the same size as the full size usp, but the problem is the compensator that comes mounted one the gun so i don't know if it will work. and thanks for the tip KDA i'll look into arisoftgi

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    The tornado style holster holds it pretty well. Just make sure it's tight around your leg so it doesn't wobble or anything like that

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    1) Your pistol will not fit in a BHI SERPA without modification. You're right about that compensator, it's too long for the holster. Given that it's a Kydex holster, you might be able to get away with cutting/sanding the bevel end off and letting the pistol dangle through. The rail attachment on the underside of the compensator will still probably be too big.

2) AirsoftGI is a terrible place to look for any gear. Like most large US based airsoft retailers, their selection is made up of crap, crap, and more crap. You won't find a whole lot there that's better than the NC Star holster you already have.

3) A little Googling told me that Magnum Research's Desert Eagle holsters will fit a USP match. Blade-Tech also makes one, but it's not listed on their website. You have to call or email to get a quote on it.

The Blade-Tech should look like this:
    [​IMG]

This is the price you pay for buying an oversized pistol. Holstering it is impossible.

7. importshark03

importshark03 New Member

Rochester
    Awesome guys thanks for the info

8. importshark03

importshark03 New Member

Rochester
    Knief when I contact Blade-Tech is that a holster made specifically for the match, or a desert eagle?

9. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Specifically for the Match, so you have the RIGHT holster!