Newbie from MN

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheSmokingGun, Sep 27, 2012.

1. TheSmokingGun

TheSmokingGun New Member

Eden Prairie
    Hello all,
    I'm from Minnesota and looking to get into airsoft. I don't currently have any guns (other than a crappy springer), but have a good idea of what I want and am on a relatively high budget for a beginner. I came to this forum hoping to learn more about airsoft, but also to find places to play. There are a couple fields in Minnesota, but all of them are pretty far from the Twin Cities area. Ideally I'd hope that somebody can help me find a place to play and get into airsoft.

2. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Welcome to AS! Hope you enjoy your stay here and make sure read the rules!

Anyways, what replicas are you looking into? I'd be glad to help.

3. TheSmokingGun

TheSmokingGun New Member

Eden Prairie
    I'm primarily looking for an m4 style gun, but with ris so I can mount a vertical grip later. Also, it should really be made for field play, not CQB. I have a few ideas in mind but all of them have their draw backs. It would be great if I could get a great full metal m4, but should I really be spending $250 on the gun with a budget of around $400-$450 (there's other stuff I need to buy besides the gun)? I am willing to look into other gun models, but the m4 is one of my favorite gun designs, especially for field. Thanks for offering to help!

4. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Welcome to AS!!! I was born, raised, and grew up in Duluth, MN (18 years). No, $250 is a very reasonable price for your first airsoft gun. I would give you a few suggestions, but I feel like their are better posters copying links as we speak to recommend to you.

5. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

I personally have a G&G Combat Machine (I'll post pics if your interested). I use it for a little bit of both CQB and field. I put some external upgrades on it so I could have rails...

But, other than that JG is a great brand for upgrading and ICS is just an amazing manufacturer... if I were you, I would consider any of those 3 options…

6. TheSmokingGun

TheSmokingGun New Member

Eden Prairie
    The G&G combat machine was one of the first guns I considered. I like the gun a lot (very solid and looks great), but the range looks a little low. Since I'm totally new to airsoft, I'm not sure I would be capable of upgrading the gun without wrecking something. Is the gun easily upgrade-able? I think I heard somewhere that it performs very well when upgraded. As for the FPS (which I think is somewhere in the mid 300s), I really don't care much. I'm looking to hit my targets, not hurt them. If the low fps doesn't affect the gun's ability to do this, then I wouldn't really mind.

7. Scarred

Scarred New Member

It really all depends what parts you upgrade.