Newest Parts List - Range Build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by schueller, Aug 8, 2012.

1. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
    So hello all, Im currently continuing to upgrade the CM 035 or AKS-74U. As of now theres a Tienly GT35000 motor, element bearing spring guide, and a 9.6v battery. The gearbox is also shimmed, AOE'd, and relubed.

It shoots 390 fps with stock compression parts @ 19 RPS* (*my best guess based on youtube help). The next step is increasing range and accuracy/consistency.

Parts List -
    Guarder Cylinder enhancement kit (better compression/piston)
    SCS Nub
    Prometheus 469mm EG barrel
    Systema Nub
    Matrix CNC hop up unit
    Angel Custom Mock Supressor (for increased barrel length)
    Guarder High speed 16:1 gears (touch higher ROF)
    (Leaves only the GB shell and wiring original)

BB's - Evike brand .25's - I know they arent the best option.. but the price and reviews are enough to make me buy them. Unless someone knows a better brand evike sells that arent bio or less/more than .25g and are white.

I might attempt to remove the mound on the new bucking, after practice with the stock one for the best effect from the SCS. Do not reccommend a flat or R hop, i dont want them. (dont ask)

Give me your opinions! I'm willing to revise this list, though I feel its pretty darn good for $263.

Thanks for looking!

2. crazywheels

crazywheels New Member

I wouldn't recommend that length barrel the inner barrel is 283mm I would go only to about a 330mm barrel at the most. I would focus more on the getting a better compression and fine tuning your hop up.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012

3. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
    The stock inner barrel is 300mm. plus the 180mm extension gives me the room needed. any reason why i dont want that? its still less than an M14 or M16.

Also, does anyone have a remedy for half stripped outer barrel threads? The original flashhider took them off during removal..

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You can easily achieve 200+ feet effective range with a 300mm barrel, if you do the usual accuracy and range upgrades. Do the Flat-hop or R-hop upgrade to the hop-up, stabilize the barrel, optimize compression, stable components is the key to accuracy. I know you don't want the R-hop or Flat-hop, but i'm recommending them anyway, because they will improve range and accuracy. You realize that you're basically doing the Flat-hop mod when removing the mound of the bucking? This is a CYMA AK right? CYMA AK's have good stock hop-up chambers, so you don't really need to replace that, just do the usual accuracy upgrades. I'm not sure how good Guarder gears are, but they are probably decent, so those are okay.

For compression parts I recommend anything from Lonex, they make great compression parts. It's not necessary to replace the cylinder if you go with a barrel that's stock length, just polish the stock cylinder and you're good.

5. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
    CYMA, yes. And can anyone second atleast 200ft consistently? Id like 225.. but if 200 is reachable without the extra cost for a mock supressor I'm game.

Madbull vs Prometheus.. Reading up it looks like the extra $30 isnt worth it. And that inner barrel length is not as important as i thought. so.. revision!

Guarder Cylinder enhancement kit
    SCS Nub
    Madbull 6.03 300mm
    Systema Nub
    Guarder High speed 16:1 gears

That knocks off $100.

Still looking for bb recommendations and barrel thread help. thank you ^ for the constructive reply.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  6. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

You have two nubs listed? I'm assuming you mean systema bucking.

7. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
    oops. yes, the systema bucking.

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Personaly I would get individual Lonex compression parts instead of that cylinder set. You don't need a new cylinder if you're not installing a longer barrel. You can use the stock piston and cylinder head, just correct AOE and the stock piston should hold up well. A Lonex piston head and air nozzle would be a nice upgrade and won't cost much.

A mosfet unit is highly recommended, regardless of battery type and voltage, it's a major electrical upgrade that doesn't cost much if you go for just a basic one. Replacing the stock wiring with thicker wiring is also good, you may have to use thinner wires inside the motor grip, AK grips are pretty cramped, I use 18AWG silver coated wiring in the grip and 16AWG teflon insulated wiring for the rest in my AK. If you install a mosfet, you can replace that obsolete 9.6v ni-mh battery with a nice 11.1v li-po with at least 30C, that will give a higher rof with the stock gears and will give a very nice trigger response.

As for BB recommendations, I'm very happy with KA Platinum BB's. There are better bb's at a lower price on the market, but the selection is pretty slim where I live, and ordering bb's from foreign retailer is very expensive.

9. mpanary_fako

mpanary_fako Member

Nashville
    Alright, here is my take on upgrading guns in general : use whatever you have now and try to make it work. If you are not satisfied, that's when you go out and buy new parts. If I were you, I would flat hop that stock bucking, make a flat nub (or keep the stock one) and see what results you get. Not good enough? That's when you get the Systema and Madbull barrel and do the same thing with them.
    Oh and btw, one of the major part in accuracy that people seem to forget is consistency, which means make sure that you get perfect compression and reduce the fps deviation as much as you can.

10. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think a Prometheus would be better. I heard madbull have an inner coating that wears away after some time. That of course destroyed your accuracy. IMO a Prometheus is well worth the extra $30.

11. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    My thoughts in bold.

12. SineroKirinashi

SineroKirinashi New Member

First posting so sorry if its not that great, but I have to agree with everyone else. Consistency is key. Make sure the air nozzle is fitted correctly and replace if necessary. As far as I know this isn't a major problem with newer CYMA guns, but it couldn't hurt to check it. A big contributor though to consistency that seems to be missing so far would be proper barrel spacers. You could simply Teflon tape around the inner barrel or use electrical tape (cheap ways) or buy an ACTUAL spacer. Due to barrel movement in a shot, the bb could be moved several inches off target if the barrel isn't stabilized. I know there are several guides on YouTube of how to properly do this. Also, ensuring the cylinder head is sealed correctly could dramatically improve consistency, which would be covered in the cylinder kit you wanted, but not entirely necessary. Simply make sure the o-ring is properly sealed between the cylinder head and cylinder, and you should be good to go

13. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Raven, I thought the bb fully stabilizes at 455mm? Why so short? 330mm just seems way too short for a range build.