Nice aegs

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by calino, Aug 15, 2012.

1. calino

calino New Member

Would anyone recommend the G&G combat machine M4 and the G&G SOC16 I am going to get both and I want no regrets

2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

If you don't do some research you will have regrets..

3. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I currently own the G&G CM and it isn't worth it. The externals are decent but a JG M4 is superior inside. I do not own a G&G M14 so I cannot help you on that part. All I know about M14s is the CYMA has good stock range and should be considered. You would just ditch the CM or JG and get a nice Tokyo Marui GBB pistol for a secondary. And why do you want 2 rifles instead of focusing your money on one gun?

4. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

Instead of buying both use your money to get a really nice AEG. I recommend VFC, G&P, ICS, King Arms, and Classic Army AEGs.

5. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    The G&G M14s seem to be the more preferred base DMR. I'm not quite sure why, because the mags aren't TM compatible, RIS systems aren't TM compatible, you basically have to go through CA to get all the externals. Not sure about the internals, but I'm guessing they're not exactly TM compatible either.

If it was up to me, I'd get a CYMA M14 and skip G&G.

But don't get me wrong. I hear the G&G M14 is quite nice. It'll just be a little expensive to upgrade.

As for the G&G CM... Skip it. JG owns it in every way except the externals.

Or, as WW5 and Mocking said, just get one gun. Pick/choose out of the brands he posted.
    VFC is excellent
    G&P is excellent
    King Arms is excellent
    Classic Army's Sportline AEGs suck. Proline/normal CA is good.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  6. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Why do people instantly see G&G and think it must suck. I would say pass on the Combat Machine but the G&G Soc16 is a great choice for a gun. Get it, a nice battery and charger, some mags, and a nice side arm like a TM 5-7, or TM G17

G&G M14s and Soc16s are really nice Aegs. They are probably the best M14s on the market.

7. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I see what kinda of recognition I get here.

8. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    If you had read my post, you would have seen that I didn't completely put G&G down. I only said that G&G M14s aren't the greatest because they're CA compatible, not TM compatible. Now if they were TM compatible, you wouldn't hear me complaining at all. I only think the G&G CMs suck. The G&G pro/sportlines are great, and I wouldn't hesitate to get them. I'm just not big on spending more for a base and more for upgrades than I could by just going by CYMA.

Sorry, Mocking. Editing my post now. :p

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  9. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    G&G M14 good but the combat machines not so good inside. If possible go for a high quality brand such as KWA, G&P, or VFC. If you want to upgrade VFC and G&P are great, but if you want to leave it stock KWA is a good bet.