Night Vision Scopes & Goggles

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by BlackJack, Nov 20, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Does anyone know where you can purchase reasonably priced night vision gear that actually works? Are there any deals out there?

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester

3. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
  4. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    the Yukon I have used and is very nice. It only goes over your right eye though so for some that could be a problem. I Wont use them because of that. If Im going blind in an eye i want it to not be my shooting eye. If you make an adapter you may be able to get it to switch to your left eye but i dont know anything about that
    The ATN is nice as well but looks funny. Both work great but the ATN can be mounted to either side (i think you have to get a special mount but it still can switch)
    Both are gen 1 and require a IR light source for optimal viewing. You can pick those up for a good price and mount it to your rifle or head if you have a helmet. It also takes a bit to get used to them while walking. I recommend practicing ALOT with them before using them. Depth perception is always the killer.
    Gen and higher just cost too much for me. but if you have a grand to throw at them, go with the gen 2 or if you can get them gen 3/4 ($10k+)

5. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Thanks for the info. Know anything about available scopes?

6. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    night vizion scopes? the yukon monocular has a scope kit so you can use it for both. if not, Yukon has their own NV scopes

7. FLUGMERKUR

FLUGMERKUR Schatten Gruppe Staff Member

Eastcoast
    I have the sight mark ghost hunter goggle set. They are gen one but very clear. They are also kind of cheap compared to gen3. It was only $300. My other team members have gen 3, and my gen 1 can keep up with them.

8. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
  9. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Holy Crap! That's crazy, alex. :)

10. UROK

UROK New Member

Try to visit the official website of ATN. There you can see all the parameters Night Vision Scopes & Goggles.
    http://www.atncorp.com/

11. ArielNechemia

ArielNechemia New Member

will the yukon NVG come with a mount for helmets?

12. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    My Yukon scope did not come with helmet mounts. It came with a rifle mount. It works fine and I prefer it on the rifle.

The laser and IR light reflect off my front sight, though.