Non blowback

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by andkim, Jul 25, 2012.

1. andkim

andkim New Member

Are non blowback pistols worse/better than blowback? I know that blowbacks look cooler but do they work the same?

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    No, they do not work the same.
    NBB guns typically have longer trigger pulls, since the trigger must perform 3 tasks;
    1: Load BB from magazine to the barrel (typically accomplished by pulling the barrel back to the waiting BB in the top of the magazine)
    2: Apply pressure to the hammer against the main spring to prepare to strike the valve.
    3: Release the hammer at the appropriate method to strike the valve releasing the gas.

In a GBB, the slide action cocks the hammer and loads the BB, requiring a short travel to release the hammer.

3. andkim

andkim New Member

Oh cool thanks .......................(that's there for the 20 character limit

4. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I would recommend a gas blowback. Not to mention you will love the feel.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Aside from what's been said, nonblowbacks use less gas, so you can get more shots per fill
    blowbacks are - well cool, realistic, and often you have to refill the gas after every 1-2 mags.

One being better than the other all depends on the application you plan on using it for. Many techs who get nonblowback pistols often make them into hush puppies for night games. But again it all depends on you.

6. AirsoftbetheStuff

AirsoftbetheStuff New Member

I would recommend a non-blowback cause like what the other guy said before me it uses less gas, giving it more power. My Co2 H&K USP .45 from walmart works great and its like a 360 fps non-blowback. So I hope this recommendation helps you.

7. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    I dont know of any aftermarket for NBB. and ive seen some nasty 10 foot c02 shots end with more than the usual blood..

8. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
  9. andkim

andkim New Member

I think I like the mk23, but it seems very hard to require these days?

10. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    There is also the Y&P MK23 on airsplat for $50. Im sorry, I would link you, but I don't know how to link on a iPad.

11. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    You pull up the page, tap the box where you type in the website tap it again once your keyboard comes up, hit select all, copy then when you are on society, tap the blue marker at the end of the scentence or wherever you wanna insert it. There will be three options, select, select all, and paste. All you have to do is hit paste and there you go :)