Non-crye multicam?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Nick S., Jan 25, 2018.

1. Nick S.

Nick S. New Member

Birmingham
    In your experience, what were the best pair of (not Crye) combat/BDU pants that you've used? In terms of durability, coloring, and cut? Also, has anyone tried the emerson G3 combat pants? If so, how did they hold up? If you have another sub $100 recommendation, please let me know.

2. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    Lots of guys at my local field wear the Emersons and put them through the ringer. They seem to love them. I personally run the 5.11 TDU pants and so far they've been great for me. Airsoft isn't my main hobby so there no way I'd ever spend the kind of money that Crye requires for their products. It's not life support equipment and I'm not planning to go into actual battle anytime soon, so for my purposes 5.11 gear works great. And I love the internal pockets for knee pads. Don't have to worry about cumbersome external pads and their straps or worry about them getting hung up on anything. For $75, in my opinion they have been well worth it.

Swoledaddy likes this.

3. Nick S.

Nick S. New Member

Birmingham
    How close-cut are the 5.11 and emerson pants? I'm not asking for skinny jeans, but the classic BDU/ACU pants are so baggy they tend to snag too much for my liking. Also, how close is the emerson multicam to the real deal?

4. FnaticPutin

FnaticPutin Member

I personally run pentagon multicam bdu pants. I'm thinking of buying 5.11 bdu but im not sure. Maybe try looking up multicam bdu pants made by texar industries.

5. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    They're not at all like skinny jeans. I'm not a little guy and I wear LG Regular (36 waist in jeans) and the issue I have is that they're too long for me. I have relatively short legs so in all honest I probably should've gotten the short size. I haven't had any issues at all with them getting snagged or hung up on anything and my local field has lots of wooded area with dense brush. It's never been an issue. Fortunately for me, I have a 5.11 store not too far from my house so I can just go try stuff on before I buy it. If that's not an option, order through Amazon since I'm pretty sure they offer free returns.

6. Nick S.

Nick S. New Member

Birmingham
    Alright, so I ended up ordering a pair of TMC gen two combat pants. For those of you who may be looking back at this thread in the future, I'll keep y'all updated on the pattern and how they hold up