Nuggy's noob thread

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Shadow_Nugz, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz Active Member

Sioux City
    Hey everyone. If you've seen my other threads you'll know I am pretty new and need a lot if help. This time i need help starting my outfit and gear collection.

The look I am goin for is either KSK, SAS, or Seals. Now you're wondering why I need your help? I want to go with a more independent operator look rather than bdu'ed up. I'm talking like short sleeve t shirt and khakis. If someone could get me a gear list that would help me out and it would be greatly appreciated.

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I am no gear expert but I think you might have contradicted yourself. How can you have a SAS/Seals loadout and an independent loadout at the same time? They are two different kits.

3. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    I mean the sort of independent kit that a Seal etc. would wear. Am I being clear?

4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Not really. Usually when players put together kits, they have 2 options. Piecing together all different kind of parts into what works best for the individual, or doing what we call an impression. An Impression is where you match exactly what a specific unit would wear. If you wanted to do a SEAL impression, you would need to put together a kit that is pretty much exactly what a SEAL would use. To do this requires a lot of money and knowledge on the subject. And if you don't get it right, then you cannot say you are doing a SEAL impression.

In my opinion, if you are putting together your first airsoft kit, I would just get individual pieces of equipment that work best for you. That is what majority of airsofters do and we sometimes call it a PMC loadout.

5. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    If this is your first kit, I'd suggest just getting the basics. Here's a simple list.....
    Utility belt
    Y or H harness for the belt
    At least enough pouches for 2 spare mags
    Magazine dump pouch
    Hydration pack, I prefer camelback
    Canteen, you honestly can't carry too much water.
    Accessories pouch, just a generic pouch for a phone/knife/radio/etc.

I would highly suggest in buying a BDU, camouflage can sometimes give you a split second advantage against not using camo, as you are slightly harder to spot even up close.

6. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Would you advise for or against a tactical vest?

7. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

For... Here is something to consider:

8. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    What do y'all think?

Couldn't find my glasses for this picture.

ForumRunner_20120726_002627.png

9. KDAairsoftTeam

KDAairsoftTeam New Member

Chipley
    That is great! I would suggest getting a boonie hat and get like full seal snowboarding goggles

10. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    I have been looking at getting a helmet of some sort. Or a mask.

Found out my vest is a Vest Tactical Load Bearing-standard. It has 4 magazine pouches and two little ones. Does anyone know if MOLLE works with it or not?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  11. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Technically, no. There isn't any PALS webbing, which is the 1" spaced rows of nylon. You can attach pouches on the belt though, which is what I recommend with this vest. Go to your military surplus store, and look through all the pouches. Bring this along to check for compatibility.

12. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    Couldn't you do something like a Green Beret loadout that kind of resembles a PMC? [​IMG] Example from a book "Hunting Al Qaeda"

13. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Yes, but to be an Impression, you have to follow whatever is the picture carefully. Since it looks more like a Contractor, you also have to grow a beard. If you differed from this, its now PMC. And no one can tell that picture is Green Beret without anyone saying so, and I would suggest more modern Impression. They've started using Multicam and MJK MBAV's, I believe around 2010.

14. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    Not the ones I saw while I was in Afghanistan in 2010... I know the Army mountain infantry units did then though. Either way, the Green Berets in the picture look like PMC's anyway... That's kind of the point. Besides, OP already has a beard ;)

15. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Unfortunately any newer bdu's are beyond my price range at the moment as is a new chest rig. Though it would be greatly appreciated if you could link me to some gear that would look good together. My colorblindness is annoying sometimes.

16. thatsplashguy

thatsplashguy New Member

Never use snow board goggles bbs penetrate those like a bullet and glass

17. g03

g03 New Member

Hey the crossman airsoft mask is good for $20.00 you can takehalf of it off an make it just googles. Good luck!

18. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

If snowboarding goggles are the same as ski goggles they are probably stronger then airsoft goggles. Although I've always wondered if they are exactly the same just different brands. But the point is skiing goggles are easily just as good as airsoft goggles, maybe better. Just they don't look as good

19. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Many ski and snowboard goggles don't meet our ballistic standards. You wear them to protect against splashing snow and water and to cut down glare, not as protection from projectiles. It's common for ski and snowboard goggle lenses to be a very thin, flexible plastic because it's lighter weight and protects the skier/snowboarder from what he needs protecting from.

That's not to say that there are no ski/snowboarding goggles meet or exceed our minimum ballistic requirements (ANSI Z87.1 2003), but you have to check the product specifications to make sure that they do. If they don't, you don't want to wear them for airsoft.

20. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Well I guess I do have pretty good goggles. I had very good skiing goggles that I now use for airsoft. But I've dented airsoft goggles and these stay strong and have no problem. Maybe I just got lucky but thesis never replace these.