OE TECH MOLLE Tactical Vest

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by TH3J0K3R, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TH3J0K3R

TH3J0K3R New Member

I am a skinny 5 feet tall 13 year old. Will this vest fit me? If not please leave a link to one that will.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    How much money do you want to spend?

3. TH3J0K3R

TH3J0K3R New Member

Around $40 but i can spend a little more.

4. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Then I suggest waiting until you have $100 to get a nice vest.

5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I would suggest avoiding EO Tech like the plague. It's a hit or miss with them, and they mostly miss. And if you hang around this forum long enough, you'll hear the name Pantac and Flyye being dropped a lot.

6. TornadoAirsoft

TornadoAirsoft New Member

Yep go with Flyye or Pantac we all learn at one time or another. Definitely save your money up.

7. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    You mean OE Tech. EOTech makes Holographic sights.

8. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Typo is all it was. But thanks for the reminder.

9. TH3J0K3R

TH3J0K3R New Member

Ok thanks for the help guys. I thought oetech was a good brand. I'll look into Flyye and Pantac

10. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    You can base a good gear company if they make replicas of real gear. Thus NcStar, Condor, and VooDoo (who is actually Condor) do not count, and gear from places like Airsoft-Club.com is also bad, because they don't even have a make. The only exception to that rule is TMC, who makes a 6 out of 10 in gear, and makes replicas.

A chart for future references.
    NcStar 3/10
    Condor, OETech, Voodoo 4-5/10
    TMC 6/10
    Flyye, Pantac 8-9/10
    Toy Soldier 9/10
    Eagle Industries, Allied, LBT (Real Steel Manufactures) 10/10

11. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Dude, I am gonna have to disagree with you. Just because a company makes replicas of real gear does not make them good. The Condor MOPC is based off of the LBT6094A, the MOD vest is based off of the RRV, the Spec Op Plate Carrier is based off of the MBSS, and I'm not going to go over the other things such as the MPS. It's simply that companies such as Flyye, Pantac, and Toy Soldier make quality nylon and know that people want replicas of the RS stuff.

On the other hand, your list was quite accurate.

12. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Well Grin, thanks. Forgot about the MOD, MBSS, and MPS. I was thinking MOPC, and plate carriers. However, as the MOPC is based on the 6094, I disagree that it is a replica. The cut of the chest is different, less round than the LBT.

It is up to both of our opinions, and you shall stand by yours, and I shall stand by mine.

13. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I do respect your opinion greatly, Cap, but I disagree with your rule of thumb. There's also their MOLLE mesh vest or whatever they call it that is a replica of the FLC (which isn't that great anyways) and their interceptor. Regardless of either of our opinions on this matter, the rule of thumb is just inaccurate.

By the way, the reason they did not just make the MOPC a direct replica of the LBT6094A is because they wanted to avoid a lawsuit. Other companies such as TMC can make direct replicas because they are not US-based companies. You still sometimes see their products get pulled by customs and many have changed the name of their CIRAS replicas to "Force Recon Vest".

14. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Based on the vests I've forgotten about, disregard my rule. I shall however, leave it up, so people don't think Grin is ranting about some invisible post.

I don't think that Condor's mesh vest is meant to match with the FLC. I have a mesh vest (as trade for BB's, I need to get rid of it) and the FLC is actually thinner.