OE Tech MPS Combat Chest Armor

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by iZazzil, Sep 25, 2012.

1. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    I know OE Tech isn't that good of a brand for gear, but I saw this vest and thought I must get it immediately. Keep in mind, this is probably the most expensive piece of gear that I can afford at this moment so if you have any suggestions, please make sure that they are less expensive than this. Thanks.
    Link:
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=4634

2. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    That vest is not worth the money. Please, just save up and buy a quality vest. You'll be happer in the long run.

3. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    Okay thanks (20 char)

4. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    I STRONGLY disagree with weasel. This vest is great. It's not amazing, but it will excel in the job. It comes with so many features, and it definatly will not fall apart...

However, if your'e not just starting airsoft, I would recommend saving up 40 dollars and buying a Amazing vest. Maybe mow some lawns, do some housework, just make some money some how. You will be very content with your bragging rights xD.

Now, some examples of high quality vests are Flyye, Pantac, or even some Voodoo tactical vests. These vests will serve you so well in the long run. But if your'e set on an MPS, I recommend the Pantac one. It comes with a Hydration carrier, mag pouches, a holster, and even left over space for molle. There's a reason why RAINBOW OPS uses it! xD

5. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    I couldn't find much on Amazon that was within my budget for right now, but I will take your advice and mow some lawns. I'm getting a job pretty soon anyways haha.

6. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    Nice. Also, unless you have a specific reason to shop at amazon, I would try Airsoft Gi or Evike. Happy Hunting! :D

7. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    Okay thank you!:) (20 char)

8. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Isnt VooDoo Tactical just Condor with another name?

Well Evike and Airsoft Gi will not have Flyye, I know they have some Pantac. Best place for Flyye gear is Hong Kong. Shooter Combat Gear has a very wide variety and not too bad even with the shipping

9. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    I was on ShooterCBGear and saw that most of the vests they sell are Chinese made. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

10. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    All of the vests they sell are Chinese made, but not all Chinese made vests are created equal. Stick to their FLYYE section and you'll be fine.

http://www.shootercbgear.com/index.php?cPath=22_50

You can pretty much ignore the rest of the site.

Also, almost everything Chumbo has said is wrong. VooDoo Tactical is Condor under a different name, same as OE Tech. The Condor MPS isn't a good vest and won't excel at anything. $100 won't get you an amazing vest, it'll get you a bare bones of reasonable quality or a crappy vest with "features." RainbowOps uses the weesatch because they have no taste in gear, no budget for gear, or more likely, both. They're not the guys you want to pattern your gear off of, they look terrible and there's more functional stuff out there. AirsoftGI and Evike are terrible places to shop for gear. 95% of what they carry is absolute junk. What little Pantac they do have is often over priced or out of stock.

Check out www.airsoftsmith.com for a good selection of Pantac and ShooterCBgear at the link above for a good selection of FLYYE. Choose a vest made by one of those two brands and you'll be much happier with it in the long run.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  11. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
  12. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
  13. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    That's not an actual vest, that's an addon to another vest.

14. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    I might be able to get that one. I wanted a cheaper one because I was going to buy pouches with it but this one comes with them so I don't need to buy any. Also I'm about 5'4 and really skinny, which size would you recommend?

15. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Just because it's your first vest doesn't mean that you have to buy something crappy. And more importantly, if you buy bad gear you're going to have to replace it much more frequently. If you buy nice gear, it'll last you for as long as you want it to. That's significantly cheaper in the long run. Pay a bit more up front, get better gear, save money.

[edit] Get it in small.

16. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    Oh...you can't imagine how stupid I feel now..

17. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    Okay thanks! I'm sure ill love this vest! And are the BB's ,that are sold on Shooter CB Gear, any good? More specifically the BB King Bio BB's.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  18. Sinister

Sinister New Member

Mission Viejo
    Theres nothing wrong with condor for airsoft. If your putting over 60 pounds of gear on then you need a better fabric, but 500d is more than enough for airsofting. Also, go with evike over airsoftgi, they have much better customer service. Knief seems very stuck in his ways, a lot of what is on shootercb is on evike, they just import it and jack up cost for a little extra profit.

19. NSW-DoubleTap

NSW-DoubleTap New Member

Rowland Heights
    Idk about you, but kneif's logic is correct. Considering how today's economy is, and that not every airsofter has been left large estates via wills, I doubt anyone would want to spend unnecessary money on items they can get for less. You said it yourself on how evike/asgi jacks up the price. Knowing this and knowing that you can get the same item for cheaper, would you, personally, still purchase it at evike/asgi? Customer service doesn't mean much in the world of airsofting, you buy it, you keep it. Generally there's no refunds, though in the cases that there are, its pretty dam rare. Not to mention, if you're smart when shopping, chances are you won't even need to talk to customer service to begin with.

20. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    500D or 1000D cordura doesn't matter for the quality, LBT and such make their gear in 500D because it is lighter. And the rest of what you said is just wrong...