Official A&K Spring SVD Dragunov Thread

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Shiftyshooter, Jul 18, 2012.

1. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

As cheap as the SVD is, I would buy a whole rifle and keep these parts as spare parts... otherwise yes, that is pretty much what it looks like you are missing in that image.

2. rasputero

rasputero New Member

Guadalajara
    Hello, I´ve just bought a KOER SVD, which is a rebranded A&K one. I´ve seen that the double feed is fixed now with a hole in the hop up chamber, so I am very happy with it.
    I´ve bought a scope adapter and a 3-9x40 cheap scope. I will do the job for now.

Also I have ordered a Falcon SVD bucking, a hop up chamber, a spare mag and an element 155 spring.

I bought it at taiwangun, and they asked me the spring that I want. In my country snipers must shoot under 550 fps, so they send me the apropiate spring. The problem was that this spring was longer than the original AEG one, so I was too hard to load the svd. Now, with the recomended diy mods, it is a lot softer to pull.

I am planning to use it in the field sometimes before upgrade anything (except the spring, which is already fitted).

I am going to test 0.30 P&J Premium, 0.36 Kalashnikov and 0.40 King Arms bbs , and then I will choose the best to play with them.

3. nicolai123az

nicolai123az New Member

Alford
    If I was still using it, I'd get the Kalinka optics mount that has the picatinny rail up top.

4. kazuchan

kazuchan Member

on earth
  5. COYOTE_661

COYOTE_661 New Member

6. kazuchan

kazuchan Member

on earth
    i know AEG CYMA is best base, but I like to hardcore my self with spring version :D . Beside, the A&K spring version is good and have vitals upgrades parts supports.

Thanks anyway :cool:

7. COYOTE_661

COYOTE_661 New Member

Yeah a&k svd's with mancraft drop in hpa kit would be really nice

35GoogleEarth likes this.
  8. LaughingMan

LaughingMan New Member

New to the forums hi guys. I got a spring action SVD, but the cylinder and hop is orange instead of blue. Anyone know what brand it is?

9. COYOTE_661

COYOTE_661 New Member

Possibly king arms ? Might be a new model of a&k

10. LaughingMan

LaughingMan New Member

Yeah it's defo not KA, think KA has a black piston and dial hop up. It's identical to the A&K in every other way, so maybe it is just a new version?

11. COYOTE_661

COYOTE_661 New Member

Might be a matrix one ? Never seen orange internals in a a&k

12. rasputero

rasputero New Member

Guadalajara
    Please upload some pics of the internals! Where did you buy it?

13. kazuchan

kazuchan Member

on earth
    atoz version maybe ???????

14. aseeeeeem

aseeeeeem New Member

Hey I'm looking to buy a spring powered dragunov but the problem is whenever I check online the prices differ a lot on every website. What do you think is the normal price for the most basic dragunov available?

15. COYOTE_661

COYOTE_661 New Member

Don't cheap out. Buy the a&k brand it's the best one. Most upgrade parts available

16. Bulletbling

Bulletbling New Member

Howell
    R Hop or Flat Hop

Has anyone figured out how to flat hop this gun or even r hop? I've seen a few posts regarding these topics, but no way of doing them. Flat hops seem easy to do with a regular hopup system that uses an arm, but the hopup system on the SVD uses a grub screw with a little cylindrical nub that pushes down and it'd seem impossible to modify this system to a flat hop since you cant really line up the nub. BTW, I just ordered the airsoft pro hopup so maybe it's easier with this one. Havent gotten it in the mail yet though.

17. Gruffinchuff

Gruffinchuff Member

Nowy Targ

I made my own flat hop like system for mine.

I got the PPS hopup unit (basicly the copy of airsoft pro). I thin drilled out the hole for the hopup nub and threaded it to fit a 6mm grub screw. I then made a flathop bucking from a red Falcon bucking and the 6mm grub screw pushes down just right. I have better accuracy then when I had it R hopped although the range dropped down to about 75m from 100m

But basically now I have a 12 in grouping at 60m, before I could hit someone at 100m but my grouping at 60m was about 24 inches.

so lost 25% range but increased my accuracy at 60m by about 50%

and most places I have played/seen you wont be taking shots at 100+m anyway

I a;so have a much shorter barrel now as I did a custom hack job to make it better for urban sniping.

Also I am shooting 440FPS and using .36 madbull bbs

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  18. kazuchan

kazuchan Member

on earth
    can you edit picture? I can't see it. Plan to got SVD A&K spring at the end of the year.

19. Gruffinchuff

Gruffinchuff Member

Nowy Targ
    So apparently my last picture was set to a private and no one could see it.

So here is my SVD shorty Custom and also a closeup of the modified hopup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. rasputero

rasputero New Member

Guadalajara
    Very clever idea.
    The screw push directly over the bucking, does it?I only see a bad point...you loose the tunnig wheel.

I am trying to do something similar using a g36 hop chamber piece (the one that holds the nub) and a h-nub or a scs nub.
    Later perhaps I will try to do a r-hop,but I can´t figure how to use a large m-nub.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016