Official Star Wars Battlefront 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by nucklehead, Jun 24, 2014.

1. yattmaster

yattmaster Active Member

Sandy
    Just played some BF 2 the other day to reminisce of the good old days, still one of the best games I have. Can't wait.

2. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Literally how this got me feeling. Especially considering I'm one of the minority who hasn't been down talking this game, has been hyping it, and one of the few who actually liked hardline.
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxHisZD5X7Q&ab_channel=IbrahimHamdan[/ame]

3. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little... Moderator

Massachusetts
  4. Munishin

Goodyear
    It's seemingly invite only and chosen by random.

5. meh

meh New Member

Near Chicago area

I got an email from origin and it told me to do stuff and then it went to my computer. It says July 1st I can preload it then on the 2nd I can play.

6. andrewscity116

andrewscity116 Member

La Fayette
    This is the game that justifies me buying a PS4. This game better live up to my childhood's staple.

7. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

I know... I don't want it to be battlefield: Star Wars, but I actually wouldn't mind a MINOR form of leveling/unlocks because I always thought Battlefront had too little of it and Battlefield had too much.

8. Username_Airsoft

Username_Airsoft New Member

Nashville
    Haha looks like I'm getting a ps4.....

9. meh

meh New Member

Near Chicago area
    Pre-downloading Star Wars battlefront 3 alpha today.

10. Snarfdog

Snarfdog New Member

So jealous right now...

11. GunJack

GunJack Tiocfaidh ar la Supporting Member

Evil Volcano Lair
    How do you pre-download something? Pre-download literally means to download before you download.

12. Mkeesh

Mkeesh Member

San Ramon zip 94583
    Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen more minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Mkeesh

Mkeesh Member

San Ramon zip 94583
    Well after a couple hours i'm pretty happy with it :) If you guys have any questions about the mechanics or how it's all set up i'm more than happy to answer. Basically exactly what was shown during E3. Probably useless since most of this information has been out for a little bit anyway but this is about all I can do considering I can't upload/share/stream anything. Of course I wrote most of this before realizing this has already been out since around E3... O welllllllllll

Hoth is the only available multiplayer map atm. But there is the Solo/Co op "survival mode" which is you vs different waves with new types of enemies added in every level. Increasing in difficulty every wave.

People were worried about this just being a new Battlefield series with star wars theme. Totally not the case though and I am happy they stuck to the more traditional method/gameplay of the Battlefront series.

Vehicles include ATAT, ATST, Tie fighter for the Empire. All are acquired by finding Orbs on the ground and then calling it in which "warps" you into the vehicle. The ATAT is timed so you can only be in charge of the weapons for a brief time. No access to driving/controlling it. ATST and Tie fighter gives you freedom of movement and have no time limits. You either die in them or abandon which will bring you back to where you were when you called it in. As far as I am aware there is no repairs in the alpha.

The Rebels have access to the X wing and the T-47 airspeeder. The Y wings were not playable however they came and dropped bombs to weaken the ATAT's shields. Rebels also have multiple turrets set up to defend against the Empire. All of which are player controllable.

Ammo is infinite and has a cool down effect when fired to much. Introduced a gears of war method of reloading at just the right time to fill up quickly. If missed it takes longer naturally.

Two preset class styles. Primary weapon has unlimited ammo. Slots 1 and 3 recharge over a brief period. 2 which is the defense perk has a limited number of uses per game from what I saw. I want to say 5 per game but i'll need to play around more to confirm.
    (1) 1. Grenade launcher that fires a three round burst of timed grenades. 2. Health shot, which can grant you quick health regen. 3. Jet pack, gives you a little burst of jump.
    (2) Thermal grenade, pretty straightforward. 2. Bubble shield which surrounds yourself with a shield for a brief period. 3. Homing launcher that only locks onto vehicles.

Loved switching between third and first person. Third is my preference and I am just used to it but first has advantages such as actually aiming down sights lol. Can shoot across the map with ease.

Game will defiantly take some getting used to but I am looking forward to it immensely. Game looks beautiful! Will probably see a couple changes by the time the game comes out as expected but there's my brief intro into the Alpha.

14. meh

meh New Member

Near Chicago area
    Basically what Mkeesh said. It's pretty fun started playing this morning.

Gunjack: They let you download the game before its out but you can't play it. The reason is so the next day when it's time to play you don't have to download first then be behind (especially if you have a slower computer?)

15. nucklehead

nucklehead Active Member

LA
    Thanks for all the info guys. Really looking forward to it.

16. meh

meh New Member

Near Chicago area
    At first, I was sad about no space battles but after playing it (only map available is hoth) it's not really something I miss too much. The aerial combat is nice in the game but I think I will continue to stick with ground combat. One minor detail is that both teams have the same set of guns.

17. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

I actually really like the B1 style setup of aerial vehicles, vs. the B2 version of no flying vehicles except in space battles, this version allows for way more lols. I hope they expand the vehicle and weapon roster, but it is really disappointing that the AT-AT isn't pilotable.

18. Munishin

Goodyear
    Just played 2 rounds of the beta. Not gonna lie it's rather disappointing. Mainly because it's overly simple and doesn't have much to offer. Don't see this being worth a full $60-70 dollars.

19. FLUGMERKUR

FLUGMERKUR Schatten Gruppe Staff Member Moderator

Eastcoast
    Hate to say, "We told you so", but... We told you so.

20. Munishin

Goodyear
    That doesn't mean I'm not buying it tho...