Oh I can final afford a polarstar wait SMP and V12 wut?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by deathmechanic, Oct 9, 2015.

1. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    How's is going everyone I've been out of the loop for a while decided I can final afford this addiction again and was looking at a P* then stumbled upon all this talk of all these clone systems.

So my question is what is everybody running?
    Are the P* more efficient systems compared to the SMP or V12?
    Do each FCU have the same levels of programming?

Other then that anybody got some nice links to a decent rig setup [tank, reg, and storage] for a solenoid system?

Much appreciated.

2. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little... Moderator

Massachusetts
    The HPA world in airsoft has taken a huge leap forward in the past year alone. For engines, you have:

1) Polar Star Fusion Engine GEN3
    2) Polar Star Jack cylinder kit
    3) Wolverine Inferno cylinder kit
    4) Wolverine Hydra cylinder kit
    5) Protech Airsoft MKII cylinder kit
    6) Valken V12

Fusion engine is as you remembered but compatible with more respective version receivers and has tiny updates.

The V12 is Valken's Fusion Engine, but it is complete garbage while being much cheaper. Just skip it.

The rest are all extremely similar. They are drop in cylinder kits that replace your AEG piston and cylinder assembly with an HPA system. They drop right into your gearbox shell making them compatible with a much wider variety of guns that the Fusion Engine.

The Wolverine stuff is great, and they are modular to accept offset nozzles as well as all new upgrades coming out (bluetooth FCU, new regulator, potential blowback, etc.) so you save even more money down the road if you want to switch an m14, for example, into an HPA platform. Wolverine products also have a very simple FCU, but there is a bluetooth one coming out soon with lots of added features.

Polar Star Jack is a great little package, its basically Polar Stars version of the Wolverine SMP but with a Polar Star FCU.

The Protech is brand new and I know little about it.

I currently own an SMP (predecessor to the Inferno) and I have absolutely no complaints with it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

3. SSgt_Burgin

SSgt_Burgin New Member

I would not say that the V12 is garbage. Is it good? Yes? Good as a P*? No. But it will still preform on the field just about as well as the FE. I own a V12 and have been upgrading it over the past few months. I have a review of the system in works that I will post up soon.

Bottom line. If you have the money get yourself a P*. If you find a really good deal and dont mind programming with trigger pulls then get a V12. LOL the V12 is good, just not great.

4. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Hmmm alright so is the performance difference between the hydra and Jack huge? If I could just drop the hydra in a EBR that would be fantastic. If the Jack is better then I'll look into what needs to be done there.

5. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little... Moderator

Massachusetts

The only performance difference I know about between the wolverine cylinder kits and the P* Jack is that the Jack supposedly has a higher ROF maximum. However, the Jack is center line nozzle only as opposed to the Hydra being off center and the Inferno being center.

AKA, Jack only works in V2, V3 and m249 boxes while wolverine has a cylinder kit which works in almost every gearbox version.

6. SSgt_Burgin

SSgt_Burgin New Member

LegacyAirsoft really summed it all up for you!

P* will make you custom airnozzles if needed.